Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2016 9:47:33 AM EDT
I'm looking for a semi-automatic rifle for short range fire (will probably use a red dot or some small magnification).

I already have a long range bolt gun and many pistols.  I will mount my AAC Element II on the end so preferably something threaded or that can be threaded.

10/22?  15-22?  Others?

*This will not be a bench gun*
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#1]
10/22 sporter and be done with it.

I put some Tech Sights on mine and it's perfect.  I prefer iron sights.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I would go with the S&W M&P15-22.  Many threaded models available, and they work just like their larger cousin, the AR-15.  10/22's are great, but the S&W allows you to practice the same AR drills and a fraction of the cost.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Really, there is no right or wrong answer here. Either one will do the job just fine and both have great high capacity magazines and a ton of accessory and configuration options. It really just comes down to, how much do you want to spend? What type of configuration do you want to end up with and which one floats your boat the most?

A stock basic 10/22 will be cheaper then a 15/22 but if you prefer a pistol grip type config and the flexibility of a forearm that you can mount accessories on, the 15/22 might be the better path? (You can setup 10/22 like that too but it won't look as good IMO by the time you buy all the parts to set it up that way, it won't be much cheaper either)

Do you want a "tactical" style rifle or a sporter type? I love 22's and I love AR's but for some reason, a 22 cal AR's don't really float my boat? So for me, I prefer the 10/22 but if I wanted something more "tactical", I would get a 15/22.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a semi-auto but check out the CZ 455. One model comes with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
15-22
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
10/22 sporter and be done with it.

I put some Tech Sights on mine and it's perfect.  I prefer iron sights.
View Quote

Sportsman outdoor superstore has these for $249 shipped right now, well the 22" barrel version anyways.  It's taking everything I have not to buy one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top