Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2016 9:21:02 AM EDT
I just got a Savage MKii FVSR on order for my first 22LR. I wanted something fun to tinker with and pretend I'm doing real precision shooting lol. I was hoping to get some advice on a build.

So far I am about to order:
* Boyds "tacticool" stock with dip bottom metal. Seems to be the all-around best upgrade and pretty much guaranteed to make the gun perform better due to the shit stock it comes with.
* Scope and scope rings
* Apache trigger if my stock one sucks; seems to be a hit or miss.
* Maybe a Harris bipod, I have a backpack now for a rest and don't really want to spend a ton of dough unless it's really going to make a difference.
* Sling; I have no idea on slings for rifles like this. I run blueforcegear or Vickers on duty guns but seems like overkill for this one.

I already have various brands of 22LR to try including subsonic. I also have a Thompson Machine Poseidon 9mm suppressor laying around that I'll use on it. It's not super quiet run dry with 22lr subsonic but still hearing safe and lightweight.

What other things should I consider with the rifle? Regarding scope I'm looking at Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35mm Rimfire with Vortex Viper low rings since they have the military/LE program. Open to suggestions on optics but I want to stay around $300 including rings.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#1]
great little rifle, the boyds stock and dip metal will add some weight and make it feel more like a real rifle. as for a scope I have a primary arms 4-16 mil dot which is awesome. I believe I got the rings from primary arms too. IIRC the first mil dot is a 100 yard holdover for cci standard with 50 yard zero. mine loves cci standard and that is what has grouped best although I haven't tried out any of the more expensive match ammo's. the bulk pack stuff was not very accurate for me.

I have a cheap harris knock off bipod that works just fine, I would feel fine shooting off a pack or rest also.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Read here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top