Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/26/2016 6:01:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have that same bushnell on top of my AR in a Millet scope mount. From the bottom of the cradle in the scope mount, to the rail on the receiver it is 1". The front of the scope is just over .5" above the top of the free float rail. So my scope in a 1" tall mount gets the front and back of the scope to sit about 1/2 inch above the top of my AR. I know you are looking to put it on a ruger but wanted to give you my specs for reference.

The website shows those rings at "extra high" measuring a little over half an inch. So in your case with what you want, I would estimate it is going to set pretty close to the top of the rifle.

-correction, I have the 4.5-18 power bushnell but I think the dimensions will be pretty close. I would feel safe saying the extra high will work, and maybe you can squeak by with just the high ones.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have that same bushnell on top of my AR in a Millet scope mount. From the bottom of the cradle in the scope mount, to the rail on the receiver it is 1". The front of the scope is just over .5" above the top of the free float rail. So my scope in a 1" tall mount gets the front and back of the scope to sit about 1/2 inch above the top of my AR. I know you are looking to put it on a ruger but wanted to give you my specs for reference.

The website shows those rings at "extra high" measuring a little over half an inch. So in your case with what you want, I would estimate it is going to set pretty close to the top of the rifle.

-correction, I have the 4.5-18 power bushnell but I think the dimensions will be pretty close. I would feel safe saying the extra high will work, and maybe you can squeak by with just the high ones.
View Quote

Oh dang. I got impatient and ordered medium. The scope base adds .37" and the medium ring is .19". That's .56 to the bottom of the ring from the reciever. If the tube is 1" then that puts the center of the scope at 1.06 off the reciever. If the diameter of the eye piece is 1.75" then that puts .875" off the center of the tube, which should clear the 1.06"

Lol I think I did that right. I might have to remove the back sight
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like it should work with the numbers you mentioned. You might also be right about the rear sight though now that I look at the picture better. Guess you'll be finding that out anyway in a few days

Keep me updated if it works or not, now I'm curious.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sounds like it should work with the numbers you mentioned. You might also be right about the rear sight though now that I look at the picture better. Guess you'll be finding that out anyway in a few days

Keep me updated if it works or not, now I'm curious.
View Quote

My combination doesnt work. There's part of this scope that I overlooked and that's the plug in the bottom. The rings arent high enough to keep it from hitting the base which prevents getting the crosshairs vertical/horizontal. It would probably work if I hadnt gone with a one piece base though. It's a nice base, so Im just going to get taller rings.

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't even think to bring that plug up. I have mine siting in a millet base so it has plenty of clearance. You think the one size taller rings will be just enough to get you the clearance you need?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't even think to bring that plug up. I have mine siting in a millet base so it has plenty of clearance. You think the one size taller rings will be just enough to get you the clearance you need?
View Quote

I went to the store and got high rings and they work. I'll see about getting some pictures. I shot it today and it was ok. I need to see about adjusting the trigger and Im not sure how to make sure the crosshairs are vertical. Anybody have a trick for that?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I went to the store and got high rings and they work. I'll see about getting some pictures. I shot it today and it was ok. I need to see about adjusting the trigger and Im not sure how to make sure the crosshairs are vertical. Anybody have a trick for that?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scope leveling kit
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Scope leveling kit or just eyeball it as best you can. I've eyeballed every single one I've ever had and been satisfied. My friends have never complained when they shoot my rifles so I guess I must get them close enough.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow look at this one. It looks pretty ingenious. Anyone see any obvious reason why this wouldnt work well?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/26/arisaka-optic-leveler/

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:54:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Only thing I can see is if that level piece would hit that plug on the bottom of your bushnell. But it looks like you would be able to move it around enough to avoid it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:31:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Go to the hardware store and get a couple string levels. Break the appart so you have just the vials. Lay one across the picatinny rail and lay the other across the top scope adjustment knob. Level the gun, then level the scope.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Go to the hardware store and get a couple string levels. Break the appart so you have just the vials. Lay one across the picatinny rail and lay the other across the top scope adjustment knob. Level the gun, then level the scope.
View Quote

This is how I mounted mine but I used a Klein torpedo level.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top