Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 10:09:33 AM EDT
I've searched but haven't come up with anything.

Does anyone know of a left hand bolt action .22 rifle that comes with a threaded barrel from the factory?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:38:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I've worked in the firearms industry for over a decade, and I can't think of a single LH factory threaded gun.  So, you have two options.  Get a LH rifle and have it threaded, or learn to shoot a RH bolt.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've worked in the firearms industry for over a decade, and I can't think of a single LH factory threaded gun.  So, you have two options.  Get a LH rifle and have it threaded, or learn to shoot a RH bolt.
View Quote

The latter is going to be cheaper.  I always shot LH and always had brass in my face until I decided I should switch.  So I did and it feels very natural now only after about 3 months.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I've never seen one I looked around but I picked up a RAR predator and I really don't mind shooting it left handed.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I would purchase a left handed rifle and have the barrel threaded.

I've used Morgan at Class 3 Machining and the cost is less than $100 (including shipping) to get exactly what you want. Many report success with ADCO as well but I have not personally used them.

The process is pretty easy if you are ok with using a punch:
Remove bolt.
Remove stock.
Punch trigger pins out.
Ship stripped barreled receiver.
Wait.
Receive and reassemble.
Install can!
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I was looking for the same thing. You can wait for Anschutz to custom make one or you can special order it from savage, which is what I did. It was worth it to finally have the left handed version I wanted.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was looking for the same thing. You can wait for Anschutz to custom make one or you can special order it from savage, which is what I did. It was worth it to finally have the left handed version I wanted.
View Quote

I didn't know you could special order one from Savage. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

What did that set you back?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 11:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd like to know the answer myself.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Well that's going to depend on your dealer. Savage wont tell you the price over the phone. I think I got screwed and payed a little over $400 but I'm still happy considering nobody makes a left handed threaded 22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top