Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2016 3:55:26 PM EDT
Went to Primary Weapons Systems site and no more Summit Series.  I had been thinking about picking one up as a suppressor host because of the toggle bolt and parts commonality with the 10/22.

I've read a few less-than-glowing reviews regarding accuracy, but couldn't find anything official on the model being discontinued.

Anyone know what's going on?
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen several used for integral suppressor builds but like you I couldn't find them on the website. Maybe the demand was too low to continue producing them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope they are not discontinued. I really want to pick one of these up but I  don't want buy a product that I might not be able to get replacement parts for. I hope they at least continue to sell the actions.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I noticed they were gone the other day. I do love the one I just picked up and it will make a nice suppressor host.
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#4]
According to the guy in this ad (not mine, not affiliated in anyway), they are discontinued? So if you really want one, this may be one of your last chances to get one BNIB?

FS Brand New PWS Summit T-3 Barreled Action for sale
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies and the link.

I noticed they were almost always out of stock.  They had a new run in January, but I didn't have the $$$ at that time of year to spend.  They were gone quickly.

Perhaps some enterprising machinist/entrepreneur will buy the design and make another go of it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one of these 3 years in a row directly from PWS at SHOT.
Never came. I still don't own one but would like to
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 12:44:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I emailed PWS about warranties on the summit series.

"We are still offering warranty service on the Summit and will continue to do so into the future.  What part are you looking for?  Most work on these builds is handled through our Warranty Dept. by submitting a claim; to do so please follow the link below and be detailed in your explanation of the problem and the parts you need:

PWS Warranty Claim Submittal Form Link – www.primaryweapons.com/warranty "
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:03:27 AM EDT
[#9]
A shop near me used to sell these on a regular basis.  They'd only sit on the wall for a couple of days after coming in.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:18:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad I snagged a barreled action earlier this year. PWS knocked an extra $100 off when I called in my order.

My first two 10 shot groups-

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:51:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Omaha Outdoors has them listed as "back order ok" with an estimated ship date of September.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 4:03:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad I snagged a barreled action earlier this year. PWS knocked an extra $100 off when I called in my order.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/AKSU_album/Firearms/image_zpsrkaaszqj.jpeg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/AKSU_album/Firearms/image_zps48v02e2l.jpeg
View Quote

What glass and rings are those?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/AKSU_album/Firearms/image_zpsrkaaszqj.jpeg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/AKSU_album/Firearms/image_zps48v02e2l.jpeg

Leupold VX-2 3-9x33 EFR and Seekins Precision rings
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#14]
just asked the sales manager at PWS about it.. I will let you know what he says.

Update: not discontinued, they are focusing on ARs with the high demand right now.

"Not quite....but we have no production capacity for them since we are seeing such high demand for our bread and butter lines."
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
just asked the sales manager at PWS about it.. I will let you know what he says.

Update: not discontinued, they are focusing on ARs with the high demand right now.

"Not quite....but we have no production capacity for them since we are seeing such high demand for our bread and butter lines."
View Quote

That's good news.
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bought one back in June. Nice rifle and it seems fairly accurate. The owner of the shop and his brother saw mine and wanted their own so I called PWS last week to order two. I was told they are not producing them right now, they still have some parts but do not have any actions in stock. He said they are talking about doing another limited run in the future.

I have heard some rumblings about the toggle breaking. Only had a couple of FTF's with mine.

Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I bought one back in June. Nice rifle and it seems fairly accurate. The owner of the shop and his brother saw mine and wanted their own so I called PWS last week to order two. I was told they are not producing them right now, they still have some parts but do not have any actions in stock. He said they are talking about doing another limited run in the future.

I have heard some rumblings about the toggle breaking. Only had a couple of FTF's with mine.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s343/cormorantslayer/Firearms/PWS_zpspnz9cxdr.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s343/cormorantslayer/Firearms/PWS_zpspnz9cxdr.jpg

I purchased one as well for my Gemtech Mist.

I believe the toggles break because people don't set the headspace properly.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for the optic, you have exactly the setup I want.  I hate you.

I did email them finally (I've been a bit busy to follow up here) and they sent a very polite reply stating that they are concentrating on long stroke piston AR's for the time being.

All of the negative press I've read on the Summit seems to be headspace-related, some of which may be self-inflicted by the end users.  The basic design seems solid, though.  I really want one as a suppressor host.  The toggle action, besides having the obvious cool factor, looks like it's almost as speedy as a semi auto, yet also allows low powered 22 rounds to be used since there's no blowback to be concerned about.  And then there's the fact that I already have a healthy supply of 10/22 mags.

I hope that it's something thet gets picked back up and improved upon.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope they dont discontinue the T3! I have wanted to pick up a action forever and get a 1-9 twist barrel for the aguila 60gr SSS. Along with a Troup systems Leopard stock, primarty arms 4-14 ffp, and an atlas bipod.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I didn't find out about them till after I bought my Savage FV-SR.  They are interesting though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The optic is temporary. I plan to put a magnified optic on it.

I spoke to or sales rep the other day. He was confident enough that there will be more made to back order two for the shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top