Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2016 5:45:24 AM EDT
The one thing I hate about the chiappa little badger is the rear sight.

Mostly because it moves.  

I was brainstorming on making a rear peep with aluminium stock and using a sling stud for a peep.  Then I was on eBay and saw a Marbles rear sight which attached to the dovetail with a screw.

Bought it pretty cheap.

Took off the rear sight and top rail,  removed the sight from the dovetail.  Using a screw from the top rail I screwed it on and the sight had a big gap and was floppy loose.

Made a bed on the top of the barrel with aluminum tape. Still sorta loose so I cut some shims using a plastic shotgun shell and it's just about perfect.  

Later today I will shoot it and see how it does.

My final plan is to make a raised bed using bandsaw blade pieces I can get from work when we change the meatsaw.

I was also thinking one could just cut the dovetail off a cheap sight and drill a hole.
sight I used eBay link
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Google my name and chiappa and my thread should come up. I made an entirely new sight. The stock rear sight is crap. The rifle shoots very well.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I just put a red-dot on mine.

It helps raise the sight picture some too.

Scored two kills on woodchucks with this one last weekend. (They were digging under a barn foundation, time for them to go.)

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Google my name and chiappa and my thread should come up. I made an entirely new sight. The stock rear sight is crap. The rifle shoots very well.
View Quote

I saw that.  Way more skill than I possess.   I make Afghans look good.

I shot it.   Approx 50ft.  Shot real well.  POA/POI was good.  
My sugar was high so my vision was blurred but I was happy.

I really like this rifle.   I put a inner tube band around the bullet holder and it holds well.  

I'm going to start packing it while I'm duck hunting for squirrel and muskrats. Fits in my pack with my decoys.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just put a red-dot on mine.

It helps raise the sight picture some too.

Scored two kills on woodchucks with this one last weekend. (They were digging under a barn foundation, time for them to go.)

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/jafiwam/lb_zpsapmtp2ty.png
View Quote
I tried a reddot and a scope.  

Really wanted irons.

I also screwed a 10/32 rod into the grip for a quasi pistol grip.  More of a nub. One day I'll fashion a handle I was thinking a drawer Knob.  

Anyways with a pistol grip you can put the buttstock higher on your shoulder.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I too have been thinking of mods for my little badger. Trying to come up with a pistol grip without grinding off the small rail behind trigger. Also working on a takedown pin that does not require a tool. I have scoured the web for ideas....
I am not very handy, what are the specs on the take down pin and screw that goes into pistol grip area.

Thanks!
Huck
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I too have been thinking of mods for my little badger. Trying to come up with a pistol grip without grinding off the small rail behind trigger. Also working on a takedown pin that does not require a tool. I have scoured the web for ideas....
I am not very handy, what are the specs on the take down pin and screw that goes into pistol grip area.

Thanks!
Huck
View Quote

I found a threaded  bolt on eBay that screws on and off with just fingers.

As for the pg I took a drawer knob and bolted it to the rifle with a 10X32 screw.  Short but really changes the way the rifle shoulders.

One day I want to pick up a cheap magpul vertical grip and use that as a pistol grip.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Since I'm not going to use it; whose thread protector will screw on this thing, w/o making the gun longer (a little longer than the threaded end to protect it is fine), and will be about the same diameter, as the rest of the barrel?

Also, I haven't fired mine much yet, but it will only fire CeeBees, and the Colibris, on second fall of the hammer, not the first time.  Anyone tried these lower noise/velocity things in their Badger?
That, and the ability to use shot, are the main reason I bought the single shot in the first place.
CCI Quiets, which are true 22lr length, work perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a thread protector and sling swivel from Amazon, ill let you know protector works out. So many things can be done to the Little Badger, we could use our own forum.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I shoot mine mainly suppressed.

One thing I've noticed is a pop from the chamber when firing quiets or CBs.

I think it's from the cutout for the firing pin. The lower pressures don't seal the chamber so well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Regarding the pistol grip, I have wondered how a BCM angled VFG turned backwards would work as a pistol grip or is it angled enough for a standard vertical grip
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I think it's from the cutout for the firing pin. The lower pressures don't seal the chamber so well.
View Quote

Same experience here with CCI Quiets.

I really want to love this gun but it needs better iron sights.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Regarding the pistol grip, I have wondered how a BCM angled VFG turned backwards would work as a pistol grip or is it angled enough for a standard vertical grip
View Quote
The rail to attach the optional grip is not a standard rail.  The ridges are at a different interval and different dimensions.  Nothing "standard" will fit on it.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shot the shit out of it with my homemade sight and so far so good.  I need to make something more sturdy for the elevator. It's a bit shaky.

I emailed Skinner a few months ago and he said he'd look into making one.

Wouldn't be hard for some with the skills.  The front is screwed on like a Marlin and the rear is just a flat surface.

A Skinner peep set would be awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top