Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2016 4:51:53 PM EDT
Is it possible to get the CZ 455 with a threaded 16" barrel and a wood stock like they once sold the CZ 452?
I do not like the black synthetic stock.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is it possible to get the CZ 455 with a threaded 16" barrel and a wood stock like they once sold the CZ 452?
View Quote

No, not directly from the factory. This was something I was looking into recently as well.

Your 2 best options are to buy a standard wood American and either A. send the barrel out to be cut and threaded or B. sell the barrel and buy a 16.5" threaded barrel from CZ. The nice thing is because the 455 has an easily removable barrel, both options will be fairly easy and painless. Option B would probably end up being less expensive but option A may give better results assuming you send your barrel to a place like ADCO. They would make sure the threads are concentric to the bore and can custom fit the threads to your suppressor if needed.

There is an option C. which is buy the factory 16.5" threaded barrel model, sell the plastic stock and buy a replacement wood stock from CZ but that's probably the most expensive option.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, not directly from the factory. This was something I was looking into recently as well.

Your 2 best options are to buy a standard wood American and either A. send the barrel out to be cut and threaded or B. sell the barrel and buy a 16.5" threaded barrel from CZ. The nice thing is because the 455 has an easily removable barrel, both options will be fairly easy and painless. Option B would probably end up being less expensive but option A may give better results assuming you send your barrel to a place like ADCO. They would make sure the threads are concentric to the bore and can custom fit the threads to your suppressor if needed.

There is an option C. which is buy the factory 16.5" threaded barrel model, sell the plastic stock and buy a replacement wood stock from CZ but that's probably the most expensive option.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hunt for a CZ 452 continues I suppose.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's an option if you can find one but ADCO can cut, crown and thread a 455 barrel for $65 + shipping. A 16.5" 452 American will be hard to find and if you do you'll still end up with mis-matched finish (matte blue receiver, bright polished barrel - one of my pet peeves with that model) and you'll need a thread adapter to mount a standard 1/2-28 direct thread suppressor to it.

452's are nice (I currently have 2 of them) and I know some people like to put the 452s on a pedestal and poo-poo the 455s but I actually like the changes CZ did from the 452 to 455 rifles. Honestly, if I was choosing between a factory CZ 452 American with the 16.5" threaded barrel or a 455 that ADCO cut, crowned and threaded, I'd get the 455/ADCO rifle but maybe that's just me?

Link Posted: 6/5/2016 12:44:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just buy a 455 in .22 mag and buy a 16" threaded .22LR barrel.

That said...the 452's were nice...

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is another option but still not exactly what you are looking for...

CZ-455 American, wood stock, threaded 20.5" barrel... GunBroker Auction

Apparently CZ released a small number of these?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here is another option but still not exactly what you are looking for...

CZ-455 American, wood stock, threaded 20.5" barrel... GunBroker Auction

Apparently CZ released a small number of these?
View Quote

Although it's not a 16"...that's actually pretty nice. Especially not having to use a thread adapter to go from 1/2x20 to 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 12:35:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a 16" 455 barrel that's factory threaded.
Now to decide which 455 American to get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top