Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2016 10:54:14 AM EDT
Just in case any of you are interested. I got the email from Rainier Arms

http://www.vsevenweaponsystems.com/collections/featured/products/10-22-barrel-16-in

Looks like the barrel tightens the last little bit (slugging the barrel down to o.20 ish)

Kind of pricey but it seems they make good stuff
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
They have priced themselves out of the market.  Volquartsen price, with no prior experience. I'll pass.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
My other gripe besides the price is the contour.

At least offer a 0.920 contour and threaded if it is so great.

Even Kidd is under $300.00 threaded and he has a proven track record.

Reminds me of Force Production 10-22 barrels  which are made from Lothar Walther blanks and have a honeycomb hexagonal "fluting"

They are 380.00 but you don't hear much because I would guess that the performance is no better than Kidd or VQ yet the price is more.

I have only seen one review of this barrel

http://www.forceproduction.com/Force_Ruger1022_Purchase/Barrels/barrels.html
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have priced themselves out of the market.  Volquartsen price, with no prior experience. I'll pass.
View Quote

I agree. For that price, it should come with a thread protector and a black finish (something better then gunkote... melonite, nitride, ionbond, etc.) standard.

I actually like the profile. A .920 barrel might look better with a suppressor but weight and balance wise, I'd rather have a lighter profile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top