Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2016 6:22:56 AM EDT
Magpul announced yesterday the takedown version of their Hunter X-22 stock.   I am waiting on the Form 4 for  a Gemtech Mist takedown that this will be perfect for.
The link lists it as late 2016.

https://www.magpul.com/products/hunter-x-22-takedown-stock-ruger-10-22-takedown
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:55:43 AM EDT
[#2]
A dude on ebay has been making and selling these for months.  I wonder how he feels now LOL.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested in this depending on the reviews.

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious which has the tighter tolerances on lock up and rigidity? Between  factory and  the modified  version, the cost difference  is significant if the quality is similar, $149.95 vs $250.00.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Perfect timing, just what I've been looking for and didn't want to pay the $250. Can't wait for this to come out
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Do these work with the Tac Sol sbx barrel?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Magpul emptied they do at the NRA show. What is the ID of the barrel insert ?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A dude on ebay has been making and selling these for months.  I wonder how he feels now LOL.
View Quote

LOL?  WTF?

That guy is Mike Warren and he had been customizing Takedown stocks for people for years, providing a range of options to people who had very few options otherwise.    He customizes vintage stocks and all manner of new stocks,  including the Walnut Sporter he just customized for me.   He will convert just about any 10/22 stock you send him.  There are hundreds of examples in his photo gallery, most of which are wood.

It's great that Magpul is going to offer one, which will probably be a lot less expensive than what Mike charges, but he has to buy standard Hunter stocks and then spend hours customizing them, which is why they cost as much as they do.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They appear to have a reversible insert for standard or heavy profile barrels so I don't see why they wouldn't work.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Very intrigued, but not yet throwing money at it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They appear to have a reversible insert for standard or heavy profile barrels so I don't see why they wouldn't work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the issue is how long the handguard is and if it extends past the barrel shroud.

I saw a photo where the regular Hunter stock extends past the point where the shroud starts and it looks like some work had to be done to make it fit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 11:48:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think the issue is how long the handguard is and if it extends past the barrel shroud.

I saw a photo where the regular Hunter stock extends past the point where the shroud starts and it looks like some work had to be done to make it fit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My friend has one he just chopped off the barrel tray and it fit right in.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.  Its on my list now.  This little gun is turning out to be expensive. lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top