Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2016 3:25:36 PM EDT
In the process of buying my first house so I could always use some spending cash.   I put the rifle on the EE and Armslist and have had a few nibbles, and I think it's because I can't find any SD's online that are in stock.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you going to regret it and want another one in a few weeks?

Then, no.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you going to regret it and want another one in a few weeks?

Then, no.
View Quote

I rarely shoot it. My Savage FVSR and Colt 1911 Rail Gun get all my range time with my suppressor. The MP5 can't use it
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I traded my GSG 5 SD in for a Ruger precision rimfire with a threaded barrel and couldn't be happier.

I would say yes simply because of my experience. The damn thing was so finicky with ammo, wasn't any better than a AR 22 (and less reliable) with less custumizability, and wasn't very accurate. Also, the pencil thin barrel was so thin you couldn't thread it to fit an adapter for the suppressor (and it would look stupid anyways).

If you want semi auto build a AR 22 later or buy a nice ruger 10/22. If you want accurate buy a bolt action. I regretted buying the SD about the third time I shot it.

But on the other hand, I almost never sell firearms so it's very hard for me. I've traded 2 in my lifetime and have not regretted those two. All the other ones have a permanent home.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:15:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I traded my GSG 5 SD in for a Ruger precision rimfire with a threaded barrel and couldn't be happier.

I would say yes simply because of my experience. The damn thing was so finicky with ammo, wasn't any better than a AR 22 (and less reliable) with less custumizability, and wasn't very accurate. Also, the pencil thin barrel was so thin you couldn't thread it to fit an adapter for the suppressor (and it would look stupid anyways).

If you want semi auto build a AR 22 later or buy a nice ruger 10/22. If you want accurate buy a bolt action. I regretted buying the SD about the third time I shot it.

But on the other hand, I almost never sell firearms so it's very hard for me. I've traded 2 in my lifetime and have not regretted those two. All the other ones have a permanent home.
View Quote

I may end up looking into a SBR AR-22 or something else I could thread my .22lr suppressor on later down the road.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't even fathom selling a perfectly good firearm that is paid for. Ever.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
GSG or HK (Walther/Umarex)??

My HK MP5SD .22 has been flawless!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:48:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GSG or HK (Walther/Umarex)??

My HK MP5SD .22 has been flawless!
View Quote

HK ... mine also shoots flawlessly but it gets no range time!
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Make it into a real "SD" with integral suppressor and it will become your favorite gun.
View Quote

SHOW ME HOW
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SHOW ME HOW
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Make it into a real "SD" with integral suppressor and it will become your favorite gun.

SHOW ME HOW

Ask this guy:

MP5SD .22 SBR
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:50:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I know money can be tight when buying a house but seriously, is a couple hundred bucks really going to allow you to do something you otherwise couldn't?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know money can be tight when buying a house but seriously, is a couple hundred bucks really going to allow you to do something you otherwise couldn't?
View Quote

Well I also can't easily use my suppressor on it so I was going to sell and put it towards the house / new furniture / lawn equipment etc.

...... or a new .22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top