Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2016 11:35:26 AM EDT
Bought a Savage MKII FV-SR a couple weeks ago and have been using it casually at the house for rabbits/squirrels/chipmunks etc. while I wait for my AAC Element II suppressor.

I've heard that the factory stock isn't as accurate as the Boyd's stock.  I've also heard that bedding your stock improves accuracy.

Should I invest the $200 (as much as I paid for the rifle!) to get the new stock and bed it?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes boyds
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Yessir. My Savage A17 had a synthetic factory stock and I put a Boyd's on it and bedded it. The groups tightened way up and the flyers went away.
My 10/22 with the Boyd's stock was pretty darn accurate and bedding that one even made a difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top