Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2016 12:30:52 PM EDT
Do yourself a favor and just buy the BX-25 drop in one (Grab A Gun has them for $55.99 before shipping).
Finally got to shoot mine yesterday with it. Very, very happy with the results.

This was probably the best upgrade for the money on any non-AR gun I have invested in.

The four corners were at 25 yards and the center at 50. Indoors with CCI Mini Mags. Took me a little bit to get used to how light it is.

Link Posted: 3/19/2016 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I am glad I looked here first.  I am looking to urged but not go to crazy.  Thanks for the heads up.  Anyone else want to give their input?
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, I am glad I looked here first.  I am looking to urged but not go to crazy.  Thanks for the heads up.  Anyone else want to give their input?
View Quote

Its a bit more, but I went for this and a bunch of other stuff from Kidd.

Brimstone also is highly regarded for his work on stock triggers, and another (more affordable) option that could be considered.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have nothing but outstanding things to say about Brimstone.   They've done three triggers for me, one of each of their Tiers of trigger jobs.

Their Tier 3 job is an outstanding value at only ~$35. I think it feels better than the Ruger BX trigger.

-bob
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Randy at CPC does an outstanding job with the OEM triggers.

Get your bolt done at the same time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 1:39:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the trigger in my LVT done by swampf0x over at RFC.  Best $55 I've spent on a gun.  I had no idea the factory trigger was as bad as they.

If the BX trigger is near as good as the one swampf0x did for me then they're worth it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 7:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like there are plenty of options that won't break the bank.

A good trigger in this gun, makes all the difference.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 9:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]
THIS!
I have the BX trigger in mine. It's a night and day upgrade over the factory. However, in hind sight, I would dropped the extra $50 for the KIDD trigger. Their products are top notch notch and there will be no take up, just a crisp clean light break.

Quoted:

Brimstone also is highly regarded for his work on stock triggers, and another (more affordable) option that could be considered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I have several 10-22's with tier 3 Brimstone work and they made the rifles a joy to shoot and greatly improved my groups. The 10-22 is a good rifle with a terrible factory trigger, but it is easily corrected.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 1:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
How does the BX-25 trigger compare to a a VQ Target Hammer? I'm going to be shooting an Appleseed next month and wouldn't mind dropping in a BX-25 if it's better than the VQ Target Hammer I'm using now (everything else in my trigger group is factory, including the springs)
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How does the BX-25 trigger compare to a a VQ Target Hammer? I'm going to be shooting an Appleseed next month and wouldn't mind dropping in a BX-25 if it's better than the VQ Target Hammer I'm using now (everything else in my trigger group is factory, including the springs)
View Quote

I actually just swapped my stock trigger group with a VQ hammer out for a BX trigger group. Haven't had it out to the range yet, but trigger pull weight feels similar, but with a slightly longer trigger pull, and a longer reset.

Trigger reset was too short for me with the VQ hammer. If I wasn't careful, could accidentally bumpfire a double.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've done several VQ target hammer installs. They are all good but some turn out better than others. Shimming everything helps when you go the VQ route. The BX trigger is as good and maybe better. They are very close but the BX has less take up and over travel. If you put a VQ trigger with over travel screw with the VQ hammer it makes it a lot better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm pleased with my ruger drop in as well. I'm sure there are better out there but it's much better than stock and super easy to install.
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 3:07:06 AM EDT
[#13]
How does it compare to a VQ hammer and trigger.

Had that in mind after the first week son 15 years ago.

Txl
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

If I wasn't careful, could accidentally bumpfire a double.
View Quote

Thats exactly what Im looking for.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the reminder, meant to pick one up earlier for the Charger. The tip on where to get it saved me a little $ too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 1:46:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got one and with two other 10/22s with Volq hammers, I think the BX is close to the same.  I just wish the BX came with an auto bolt release.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just got one and with two other 10/22s with Volq hammers, I think the BX is close to the same.  I just wish the BX came with an auto bolt release.
View Quote

I bought a BX thanks to this thread, and I'd 2nd that the auto bolt release should have been included.  Had to buy one separately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought about the BX-25 but ended up spending the extra cash on the Timney instead, should be arriving next week :)
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I went and tested the BX-25 at a local shop today.  If it wasn't for the long take up, I would have bought it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top