Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2016 7:03:55 PM EDT
Anyone pick up the New Ruger 10/22 Takedown Bull Barrel threaded version ? How do you like it ? Pros, Cons and what was the going price in your area ? One place close to me had 15 of them and sold out as soon as they hit the show room floor at 530 a piece.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Interested
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 9:23:27 PM EDT
[#2]
My TD has the original light barrel. I have Skinner iron sights on it, and a quick detachable scope. I think the heavy barrel may be fine for many people, but it kind of defeats the purpose of the TD for me. I have a nice heavy barreled custom gun and it is super accurate. The only reason for me to get a HB TD would be due to the lockup of the barrel in the receiver and the potential improvement in accuracy due to it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone got a link?  I haven't seen or heard anything about a take down with heavy barrel.  Would make a sweet internally suppressed sbr.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Bull barrel takedown? Hmmm interested.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Model Number: 21133 Caliber: 22 LR

StockBlack Synthetic
   Front SightNone
   Rear SightNone
   MaterialAlloy Steel
   Barrel Feature.920" Diameter, Threaded, Fluted Target

Thread Pattern1/2"-28
   Capacity10
   Twist1:16" RH
   FinishSatin Black

Overall Length34.62"
   Barrel Length16.10"
   Weight5.3 lbs.
   Grooves6
   Suggested Retail$629.00

Easy takedown enables quick separation of the barrel from the action for ease of transportation and storage. Takedown is as simple as locking the bolt back and verifying that the rifle is unloaded, pushing a recessed lever, twisting the subassemblies and pulling them apart.

Simple reassembly allows for a secure connection of the barrel and action and returns the firearm to zero, even when receiver-mounted optics are used, ensuring consistent accuracy, shot after shot.

Patented, detachable 10-round rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding.

Legendary action, a tried and true Ruger design, ensures consistent, reliable performance.

Combination scope base adapter for both Weaver-style and .22 tip-off scope mounts included.

Easy-to-use extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss removal of flush-mounted magazine

Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety.

Heat-stabilized, glass-filled, polymer trigger housing assembly is precision-made of high-tech material for improved manufacturing tolerances, impact and abrasion-resistance and unmatched ability to withstand the elements.

Precision-rifled, cold hammer-forged barrel with .920" diameter target barrel that is fluted for weight reduction, features a 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle and is fitted with a thread protector.

Also includes: Convenient carry-case, which provides ample storage with extra pockets and magazine pouches.

Features the Ruger® Modular Stock System with a low comb, standard length of pull and a threaded, fluted target barrel (ships with an additional high comb, standard length of pull stock module).
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022Takedown/images/21133.jpg

Model Number: 21133 Caliber: 22 LR

StockBlack Synthetic

Front SightNone

Rear SightNone

MaterialAlloy Steel

Barrel Feature.920" Diameter, Threaded, Fluted Target

Thread Pattern1/2"-28

Capacity10

Twist1:16" RH

FinishSatin Black

Overall Length34.62"

Barrel Length16.10"

Weight5.3 lbs.

Grooves6

Suggested Retail$629.00

Easy takedown enables quick separation of the barrel from the action for ease of transportation and storage. Takedown is as simple as locking the bolt back and verifying that the rifle is unloaded, pushing a recessed lever, twisting the subassemblies and pulling them apart.

Simple reassembly allows for a secure connection of the barrel and action and returns the firearm to zero, even when receiver-mounted optics are used, ensuring consistent accuracy, shot after shot.

Patented, detachable 10-round rotary magazine features a unique rotor to separate cartridges and provide reliable feeding.

Legendary action, a tried and true Ruger design, ensures consistent, reliable performance.

Combination scope base adapter for both Weaver-style and .22 tip-off scope mounts included.

Easy-to-use extended magazine release provides smooth, no-fuss removal of flush-mounted magazine

Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety.

Heat-stabilized, glass-filled, polymer trigger housing assembly is precision-made of high-tech material for improved manufacturing tolerances, impact and abrasion-resistance and unmatched ability to withstand the elements.

Precision-rifled, cold hammer-forged barrel with .920" diameter target barrel that is fluted for weight reduction, features a 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle and is fitted with a thread protector.

Also includes: Convenient carry-case, which provides ample storage with extra pockets and magazine pouches.

Features the Ruger® Modular Stock System with a low comb, standard length of pull and a threaded, fluted target barrel (ships with an additional high comb, standard length of pull stock module).

View Quote
that would be bad ass sbr'd with a suppressor.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Expensive for a .22
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:13:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Would be nice if they just offered the fwd portion.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:28:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish the barrel wasn't fluted. Just my personal preference.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Expensive for a .22
View Quote

Apparently you have never dealt with a Winchester 52 with target sights or scope or an anchutz!
Top grade .22's ( the kind that win matches at camp perry and the olympics) can run into the several thousand dollar range
Just like ar's that can range from 600 to over 3000, there is a niche for every price and quality level of .22.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought one. I swapped in a metal trigger unit from another rifle- which I had intended to sell anyway. Decent rifle. Haven't shot it very much yet but it's something different, I didn't have a takedown yet anyway so when I saw the HB version at the local pawn shop I bought it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I want
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I bought one. I swapped in a metal trigger unit from another rifle- which I had intended to sell anyway. Decent rifle. Haven't shot it very much yet but it's something different, I didn't have a takedown yet anyway so when I saw the HB version at the local pawn shop I bought it.
View Quote

Plastic housing is made more consistent / precise.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I also bought the standard weight 10/22 takedown. The TD type rifle heavier bull barrel just didn't make sense to me if I needed a target type gun it would be a fixed barrel model. That said I guess you could add one of the many lite weight bull barrels out there on the market for these guns.

My TD 10/22 is all tricked out with thermal, lite-weight SB-X barrel plus AAC suppressor. It never sleeps and has been a great rifle overall I like the TD design Ruger came up with.

Link Posted: 2/12/2016 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I just bought one but haven't shot it yet. I mounted a cheap red dot but want to put a better scope on it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordered one back in early December.    Still waiting.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 6:16:21 AM EDT
[#17]
I have one on the way from Ruger as a replacement. I had a TD with the stainless barrel and Multicam stock. My wife and kids got it for me for my 40th birthday. I loved the gun. I had it about a year and all of a sudden it wouldn't hold zero. I sent it back to Ruger and they said that they could not figure out what was wrong with it. I was told to pick out another TD and I picked the new heavy barreled one. It should be here in a few weeks!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Damn...surprised that they were willing to do that! Not really...I was cleaning my SR22 pistol and destroyed the lower. Literally destroyed the plastic...I called to buy the lower and they told me to send it in...got a label sent to me. WIthin a few days, I got my pistol back, with a new lower for free! I was so impressed that I got a few friends to buy some 10/22's and RAR's to go plinking.

I really want one ot these new TD's...Buds has them for $417 cash...might do it if I can justify the $100+ difference.
Link Posted: 3/4/2016 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I also bought the standard weight 10/22 takedown. The TD type rifle heavier bull barrel just didn't make sense to me if I needed a target type gun it would be a fixed barrel model. That said I guess you could add one of the many lite weight bull barrels out there on the market for these guns.

My TD 10/22 is all tricked out with thermal, lite-weight SB-X barrel plus AAC suppressor. It never sleeps and has been a great rifle overall I like the TD design Ruger came up with.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Phantom223/media/image.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Phantom223/image.jpeg</a>
View Quote

Awesome Camo Pattern there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 1:28:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what they keep saying.

I did the same exact thing. I like the old aluminum mucho better.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:14:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got to shoot mine today with the Spectre II and have to say the factory trigger on mine is spectacular!  I have no desire to replace it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#22]
They should offer ALL 10/22's with that stock.  The original has way too much drop to use with anything other than iron sights. Damn I wish they had these when I bought mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top