Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2015 6:16:55 AM EDT
Hey guys,
I need help finding some scope rings for my Ruger American Compact,  I'm trying to mount a cheap Tasco 2.5-10x40mm to use for now. I want to use rings that mount directly to the receiver grooves because I plan to eventually move this scope to my air rifles (one reason I chose this scope is because it's air rifle rated). So far, I've tried mounting using Leupold Rifleman rings and Weaver Grand Slam High rings, both were too low and the Weavers wouldn't even fit in the groove properly as the base of the ring is flat not curved like the receiver top. This scope with covers has an outside objective diameter of approximately 54mm, so if my math is correct I need rings that are 14.3mm/.563 tall; feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'd prefer aluminum rings if possible as I'm trying to keep the weight down as much as possible. So far, all I can find are Talley's, but I think their base is flat like the Weavers I had trouble mounting earlier and the Burris Signature rings. I've used the Burris's on several centerfire rifles in the past, and love them, but was hoping to find something a little lighter, lower, and cheaper for this rifle. If anyone knows of anything I'd be much obliged. Thanks.
~Bobby
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a pair of Weaver see throughs that I'll probably never use again, PM your address if you want them and I'll send them out when I get time. These are the higher mount rings, that clamp onto a tip off mount and allow you to look under the scope and use iron sights. No charge, you have a use for them and I don't.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top