Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 9:01:17 PM EDT
My buddy and I were both thinking of getting suppressed 10/22 for squirrel hunting.  I love the 10/22 mannlicher stocks.   Would it be possible to have a integrally suppressed 10/22 with a mannlicher stock? Any manufacturers make something like that or would we need to pull out our dremel?
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]

I like projects that are different and this one qualifies.
Yes, it's possible but getting it done may not be worth it to you.  You've got at least 3 challenges to overcome:

• Most integrals are less than the 18.5" length on the International.  You could find a shop to do a custom length but this will limit your choices.

• It doesn't look like there's enough wood to accommodate the .920 diameter of the integral. That means having a custom stock made. $$$

• The metal tip on the International would need to be modified.  (Break out the Dremel! ) That's the least of the issues, and will go away when you have to make another stock, unless you want it to be incorporated.

If you decided to have a custom stock made, it could be done for a 16" barrel, to save you the expense of a custom integral.

Google pic:

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Happened across this pic and thought of your thread.  Looks like that's a bull barrel (same diameter as an integral) ...

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely thank you.  While searching, I found this thread.  So a stock is out there but it is full length.  I might have to try to make a custom stock.
https://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=29653
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Definitely thank you.  While searching, I found this thread.  So a stock is out there but it is full length.  I might have to try to make a custom stock.

View Quote

Check out the 10/22 Stocks - Making & Modifying forum at RFC.  You'll find several helpful threads there, including this one.

Extensive, pic-heavy thread on the build pictured above.

Btw, Claude Gatewood could finish the stock to any length you needed; a minor detail if you go that route.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 10:29:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Integrals seem cool unless you've cleaned a well used rimfire can a few times. Then, you realize that it's a really bad idea.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Check out the 10/22 Stocks - Making & Modifying forum at RFC.  You'll find several helpful threads there, including this one.

Btw, Claude Gatewood could finish the stock to any length you needed; a minor detail if you go that route.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just scrolled through that entire thread.  That man has some serious talent and thanks for sharing Par.  you always seem to be one of the most helpful posters in this forum.  As I slowly get more and more interested in rimfires, do you think it would be worth my time to make an account and start posting over at RFC?
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Just scrolled through that entire thread.  That man has some serious talent and thanks for sharing Par.  you always seem to be one of the most helpful posters in this forum.  As I slowly get more and more interested in rimfires, do you think it would be worth my time to make an account and start posting over at RFC?

View Quote

Absolutely not.  It'll make you go broke and drive you to the poor-house.  

RFC is the place for all things .22 and some of those guys have serious skillz.  Yes, I'd encourage you to join in there too - it's an excellent resource.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Integrals seem cool unless you've cleaned a well used rimfire can a few times. Then, you realize that it's a really bad idea.
View Quote

Most integrals come apart for cleaning now in days.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think they are really good idea, and prefer them over some hokey, screw on after thought.

YMMV
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:42:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Never had any trouble cleaning mine. It has a removable core like most 22s now a days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top