Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2015 10:38:15 PM EDT
I ordered a gemtech Mist today so now I've got the next couple of moths to assemble the rest of the rifle. I figure I can start making a list of components now so that I know what to keep my eyes open for throughout all the upcoming sales.

I'd like to keep the budget around $1,200 with optics. I'm already out $400 for the barrel and I'm not even including the $200 stamp.

Back when I was looking at stocks for another project I came across the following picture and I have wanted to copy it for myself for the longest, I plan to finally do that with this build.

Components
Stock - $250
Barrel - $400
Action - ?
Trigger - ?
Scope - ?
Rings - ?
Sling Swivels - ?
Sling - ?
Cerakote - ?

This is where I need help because I'm not sure what all options are out there.

I've read that Kidd makes some solid components but there's also one that can be switched between semi and bolt action, if i'm not mistaken. Having the option to switch would probably be really nice since it would be ridiculously quiet as a bolt action.

Color probably won't matter too much since I think I'm going to get everything cerakoted stainless steel.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#1]
KIDD is top notch stuff! If you want to save money use only a factory Ruger Receiver and put a KIDD bolt and bolt guide kit in there with a KIDD drop in trigger. If not, just replacing the stock trigger parts with the KIDD kit will make a night and day difference. A KIDD bolt buffer will help smooth the recoil. If you have the coin do the KIDD receiver you will love it. Optics are a whole lot of personal preference but keep an eye on the EE here on ARFcom. You can find some killer deals there. Personally, I run a PFI (Pride Fouler Industries) 3-12x44. It's a FFP and has drop compensation for both High Velocity and Suppressed ammo and it's dead nuts once you dial in at 50 and the glass is top notch for the money.
Good luck. Building your own rifle is' a ton of fun and highly addicting!

Quoted:
I ordered a gemtech Mist today so now I've got the next couple of moths to assemble the rest of the rifle. I figure I can start making a list of components now so that I know what to keep my eyes open for throughout all the upcoming sales.

I'd like to keep the budget around $1,200 with optics. I'm already out $400 for the barrel and I'm not even including the $200 stamp.

Back when I was looking at stocks for another project I came across the following picture and I have wanted to copy it for myself for the longest, I plan to finally do that with this build.

http://i.imgur.com/GtlnwFx.jpg

Components
Stock - $250
Barrel - $400
Action - ?
Trigger - ?
Scope - ?
Rings - ?
Sling Swivels - ?
Sling - ?
Cerakote - ?

This is where I need help because I'm not sure what all options are out there.

I've read that Kidd makes some solid components but there's also one that can be switched between semi and bolt action, if i'm not mistaken. Having the option to switch would probably be really nice since it would be ridiculously quiet as a bolt action.

Color probably won't matter too much since I think I'm going to get everything cerakoted stainless steel.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/11/2015 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
There is the PWS Summit T3 Receiver/Action that takes 10-22 components and is a fast straight pull rifle. I am not aware of any 10-22 styled guns that go from bolt action to semi auto although there are bolt locks for the 10-22 that are popular with suppressor use.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I went with all Kidd(receiver, trigger, bolt, bolt handle) on my Mist build...shoots great

Now, I'm working on my Mist takedown and had to go with a Ruger receiver this time, but every other important component is Kidd(pics after my Form 4 is approved)
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 2:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with all Kidd(receiver, trigger, bolt, bolt handle) on my Mist build...shoots great
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/slipjett/IMG_6483_zps6bwfshvv.jpg
Now, I'm working on my Mist takedown and had to go with a Ruger receiver this time, but every other important component is Kidd(pics after my Form 4 is approved)
View Quote

Nice looking shooter.  What stock is that?
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I doubt the mist will accurate enough to justify the expense.

You'd be better off with a kidd barrel+can.

After I posted my oasis experience I have since found out a lot of gemtech integrals kinds suck in the accuracy dept.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Nice looking shooter.  What stock is that?
View Quote

Bell & Carlson Sporter...I think.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I doubt the mist will accurate enough to justify the expense.

You'd be better off with a kidd barrel+can.

After I posted my oasis experience I have since found out a lot of gemtech integrals kinds suck in the accuracy dept.
View Quote

My Mist barrel is as accurate as Kidd's Ultralight barrel and I told him that just last week, he didn't seem surprised. It was also accurate enough for me to decide on purchasing the Mist takedown.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
]

My Mist barrel is as accurate as Kidd's Ultralight barrel and I told him that just last week, he didn't seem surprised. It was also accurate enough for me to decide on purchasing the Mist takedown.
View Quote

your the first Ive heard then.

getting 1/2 moa is pretty amazing from a non match barrel
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe he didn't want to argue and make a customer mad.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#10]

I love my Mist.

PWS T3 Summit

Gemtech Mist

Volquartsen Trigger

Victor Titan Stock

Zeiss Conquest 3-9

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top