Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2015 8:57:12 PM EDT
when I try and return the trigger assembly back into the receiver the ejector misaligns and binds, keeping the bolt from functioning.

Is there a trick to getting it back together and functioning?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 10/3/2015 12:40:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Make sure it is in its groove in the trigger guard with the pointy end up and be careful installing the trigger group into the receiver.

It helps if the barreled receiver is held in one had in its normal upright position while the trigger group is installed from underneath with the other hand. Just slide it up in there until it makes contact with the bolt then align the holes and put the pins in.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a tip to keep the ejector firmly in its slot: Put a layer or two of electrician's tape onto the side of the ejector where it is covered by the slot, cut into a small piece so it's completely hidden by the trigger guard when the ejector is properly in place. You should have to lightly press the ejector into its slot when you assemble the trigger group, making sure it seats all the way. It will stay in place while you install the TG into the receiver.

This causes no issues as the ejector is not a moving part and no moving parts contact it during operation.

I have a friend who allowed the ejector to fall out of the slot and rotate backwards, causing all sort of problems. I wrote about it here: http://1022companion.wordpress.com/2014/11/28/malfunction-mystery-theater/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top