Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2015 9:25:55 PM EDT
I'm thinking about picking up a threaded .22lr bolt gun before my stamp comes and was wondering if anyone had a RAR suppressed yet. Currently I'm leaning towards that because I already have a good supply of 10/22 magazines.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done the magnum and like it very much. I am kicking around getting the lr version as another host I like it so well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Both magnum and lr. They work well and I like the magazine compatibility with the popular 10/22. Room mate is SBRing the lr. Will post pics when the stamp comes back.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep, with an AAC Prodigy. Subsonics are Hollywood quiet, and very accurate. (Obviously the one on the bottom...)

Here is 10 shots at 50 yards. Can you count them all?

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a Liberty Kodiak on mine.
With the right ammo it's TV quiet.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, with an AAC Prodigy. Subsonics are Hollywood quiet, and very accurate. (Obviously the one on the bottom...)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6x8q3o1ue50/VcJfgfIyeXI/AAAAAAAABek/mwxwlu7svaY/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150805_150423813.jpg

Here is 10 shots at 50 yards. Can you count them all?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5uXRRmg6zCc/VcPZ8GM6_TI/AAAAAAAABfE/6sbt8qL-ULY/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_142940772.jpg
View Quote

Does that Norma reliably stay subsonic?
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, stone cold squirrel killer.

I bought mine before they offered a threaded model and had it done. Worked out though, the target re-crown really help it's accuracy.

I'm not a fan of Ruger's iffy threading anyway.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:04:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely. I've fired 200+ rounds of Norma Tac-22 out of my RAR, every one subsonic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Absolutely. I've fired 200+ rounds of Norma Tac-22 out of my RAR, every one subsonic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about CCI standards? They are rated less than the Norma but it seems like they are hit or miss on staying subsonic.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How about CCI standards? They are rated less than the Norma but it seems like they are hit or miss on staying subsonic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen those in a couple years, so I can't say. Only have the Norma in subsonic, but I've tried a dozen different brands of supersonic. So far the most accurate in addition to the Norma were Minimags and Blazer.

Yes, Blazer. I was really surprised by how accurate it is. These were at 50 yards.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a bunch of bkazers, does it stay subsonic?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#12]

YHM Stinger suppressor
Vortex 2x7 glass
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but they're awesome accurate.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Think CCI Standard Velocity with out the wax coating.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

MAHA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAHA

I've got one brick of standards and like five bricks of Blazers, so I guess I'll try both in like 6 months when I get my can.

I'm already wanting to SBR an AR lower build a 4.5" 22lr upper...

God help me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Both magnum and lr. They work well and I like the magazine compatibility with the popular 10/22. Room mate is SBRing the lr. Will post pics when the stamp comes back.

View Quote

Cool, I'd be interested to see that.  This is a photoshop of someone's here, to give you an idea of what it will look like...

btw: Any chance you could shoot some before and after-the-cut groups?  Same ammo.  I'd love to see some comparisons too, if you could.

Link Posted: 9/19/2015 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cool, I'd be interested to see that.  This is a photoshop of someone's here, to give you an idea of what it will look like...

btw: Any chance you could shoot some before and after-the-cut groups?  Same ammo.  I'd love to see some comparisons too, if you could.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/RAR-SBR_zpsw83qvbom.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was mine before the scope and rings.
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have run 6-700 through the RAR with a form-1 can and all have been subsonic through the 18" barrel.

50yd targets shooting 5rd groups of CCI SV,

-Mike
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I measured velocities before suppressing and was supprised that the velocities were lower than the shorter Savage MKII.

https://youtu.be/kLNC2TVFMxk
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Threaded one about 2 weeks ago.
Haven't heard back

Threaded a Norinco mini-Mauser knockoff several years ago.
Extraordinarily quiet
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#22]
I went with the 17hmr and shoot it suppressed 100% of the time. It is an awesome rifle and fun as heck to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#23]
My suppressed RAR LR is one of the most fun setups you can have. Super quiet, great trigger, nice stock, accurate and a ton a fun. Get one!
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My suppressed RAR LR is one of the most fun setups you can have. Super quiet, great trigger, nice stock, accurate and a ton a fun. Get one!
View Quote

Yep. It just might be the best $250 you can spend on a gun.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I got the lr predator, barrel needs to be adjusted since it's not completely free floated but i'm looking for a new stock and glass for it. Tested it out with cci quiet and them gemtech subs through a spectre ii... Stupid quiet.

I'm thinking about chopping it a little a perm attaching a form 1 reflex style can to see how quiet I can get it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#26]
What sort of accuracy can you expect at 50 yards with quiets? Minute of squirrel? Still enough power to kill small game?
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be shorter than that.  He should have his stamp back soon then it is off to the barrel guy to have the work done.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What sort of accuracy can you expect at 50 yards with quiets? Minute of squirrel? Still enough power to kill small game?
View Quote

my RAR is a sub MOA rifle with CCI SV, even though my barrel isn't properly free floated (touches on the left side).  I haven't really felt the need to try quiets even though i have a couple boxes in my stash.  Any subsonic 22 through a can is pretty damn quiet already and you are giving up a significant amount of velocity (1070 fps vs 710 fps).

-Mike
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I need to stock up on CCI SV, a lot of local shops seems to have it in stock lately.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I went with the 17hmr and shoot it suppressed 100% of the time. It is an awesome rifle and fun as heck to shoot.
View Quote

How does the 17 sound suppressed? I really like me some .22 quiet but I love the fast little 17 round.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about picking up a threaded .22lr bolt gun before my stamp comes and was wondering if anyone had a RAR suppressed yet. Currently I'm leaning towards that because I already have a good supply of 10/22 magazines.
View Quote

I have ! Here is a video comparison I put together comparing the RAR, as a suppressor host, to the Savage MKII

https://youtu.be/kLNC2TVFMxk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top