Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2015 6:15:02 PM EDT
Setting up my 10/22 TD, I have a Kidd charging handle and recoils assy, a shock buffer, a Tac Sol mag release and scope rail.

I plan to pick up the Tac Sol barrel and stock, I haven't picked a scope yet, but it will be in QD rings.

I haven't been able to shoot a ton of different ammo through it. Seems to be fairly reliable but I want to make it the Uber Take Down. Who would you send to have the bolt worked over? Should I add an aftermarket extractor as well?

While I don't believe a .22 LR is typically an adequate defensive tool, I want to make it as reliable as possible as if it were a defensive arm.

Besides, ya never know when a savage pack of rabid squirrels may surround you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I would change out the extractor also.  For info on who to use for the bolt work check over on Rimfire Central  Most of the 10/22 guys hang out on that board mostly.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

... Who would you send to have the bolt worked over? ...

View Quote

Que is out of the game for now, per his website.

I would suggest Randy at CPC, based on reputation.

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
A Kidd bolt is $100, you get an improved firing pin, and a Kidd extractor in addition to all the work that a good smith like Que would do.  I thought it was worth the money.  And you get it in a few days!
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I had que do my bolt and the work is top notch, only concern is to make sure they correct the firing pin length. Other wise it will extend to far and ping the barrel face eventually causing failure to extract and feeds. Ask me how I know
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Kidd bolt is $100, you get an improved firing pin, and a Kidd extractor in addition to all the work that a good smith like Que would do.  I thought it was worth the money.  And you get it in a few days!
View Quote

I'll look into this
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 8:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Scalloped Black Ion Bond looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks you just cost me the better part of $400. I mean I can't just order the bolt right? I need the trigger drop in and charging handle upgrades too right.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks you just cost me the better part of $400. I mean I can't just order the bolt right? I need the trigger drop in and charging handle upgrades too right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're gonna LOVE that trigger.

Then you're gonna hate it when you realize you will never want to shoot a 10/22 without one again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
It's amazing what we can talk ourselves into "needing." But a 10/22 with a Kidd bolt, trigger, and guide rod is much more fun to shoot than one without those upgrades.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top