Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2015 5:48:29 PM EDT
I'm looking to get a suppressor ready .22 rifle and was just curious what my options are. I know about Savage's FVSR, but am curious if there is anything similar out there as I know next to knowing about rimfires.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 5:52:01 PM EDT
[#1]
In for the same info. I like the Savage but it'll need a new stock; I had a .17 HMR from them a few years ago and the LOP was way to short for me. A 10/22 with a threaded barrel would be an easy start as well. The CZ looks to be a nice offering but a little more expensive on the initial purchase.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ruger American Rimfire is an option.
View Quote

I have one of the compact versions.  Very handy little gun.  The stock irons are the same as those on the 10/22... so I hate them.  I'd put a Tech Sight GI-style rear on if I wanted to shoot irons, but I mounted a Leupold rimfire scope.  

My Spectre II is still in jail, so I can't comment on how it functions suppressed.  As is, the trigger is excellent, especially for a sub-$300 rifle.  The bolt is a bit stiff to close, but it has gotten better as I've shot it more.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]

If you can find one, get a CZ American threaded. I have one, they're CRAZY accurate with OR w/o the can.

I own or have owned virtually every .22 brand known to man: Anschutz, Browning, Marlin, Savage, Sig, S&W, etc. The only one I haven't owned is Ruger & I don't like their accuracy. But the CZ (any model) outshot my Browning T-Bolt (which shot damn well itself) & any of my Marlins (my lifelong favs). I speak of the 452 series, of course.

My .o2

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 to the Ruger American Rimfire.

Uses 10/22 magazines, fiber optic sights, aftermarket support is getting bigger all the time, free-float barrel, and awesome accuracy, especially considering the money.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 7:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you can find one, get a CZ American threaded. I have one, they're CRAZY accurate with OR w/o the can.

I own or have owned virtually every .22 brand known to man: Anschutz, Browning, Marlin, Savage, Sig, S&W, etc. The only one I haven't owned is Ruger & I don't like their accuracy. But the CZ (any model) outshot my Browning T-Bolt (which shot damn well itself) & any of my Marlins (my lifelong favs). I speak of the 452 series, of course.

View Quote

How 'bout the Sako?  I've kinda' wanted one of these for years but just never got around to it (soooo many on the Want List ).

This one belongs to member DaleSalmon at RFC.  Threaded from the factory is an option.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a ruger American in .22 mag this summer. I really like it. It shoots great, has been great with my suppressor, way better mags and stock then the savages.  I imagine the lr version is just as good.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:51:59 AM EDT
[#8]
If your looking for a semi auto, based in the 10-22 pattern rifle, look at this from Magnum Research.
Same people who make the Desert Eagle.The threaded model is brand new offering. I just picked mine up from my FFL last week.
Have, in hand, a Silencerco Spectre II can for it.

http://www.magnumresearch.com/firearms/magnum-research-22lr-rimfire-rifle-ultra-barrel-with-threaded-muzzle.asp

I did change to stock to a Boyd's Pro Varmint in Pepper Laminate. Added a Sightron scope, and now just need the time to get it sighted in.

I also have a NIB CZ 452 American, 22lr, with factory threaded barrel. Just been sitting on it.

Link Posted: 8/29/2015 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#9]
PWS T3  Summit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top