Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2015 5:32:43 AM EDT
I've been looking at picking one of these up.  I don't know whether to chalk it up to temporary insanity or booze.

The older I get the less I want to haul everything and the kitchen sink to the range, and instead I just toss a couple of pistols and a rifle or two in the car and go.  I really like the look of these, despite their goofy appearance, and it seems like it would be a good one to just toss the bag in the car and go to the range.

A couple of questions, though.  What kind of scope and mount would be best for something like this?  I've never had a scope on anything the size of one of these before.  Also wondering about a bipod, as I often see them pictured with one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:30:19 AM EDT
[#1]
They come with a low end bipod, some clamp to the barrel some to a sling swivel.  They also come with a rail for the receiver.  You use what ever scope and rings that will work.  I run a red dot on my non takedown and it is a tack driver.  I did SBR it so it is a lot of fun.

MAHA
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I doubt you will ever see one of those on a Charger.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:48:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've been looking at picking one of these up.  I don't know whether to chalk it up to temporary insanity or booze.

The older I get the less I want to haul everything and the kitchen sink to the range, and instead I just toss a couple of pistols and a rifle or two in the car and go.  I really like the look of these, despite their goofy appearance, and it seems like it would be a good one to just toss the bag in the car and go to the range.

A couple of questions, though.  What kind of scope and mount would be best for something like this?  I've never had a scope on anything the size of one of these before.  Also wondering about a bipod, as I often see them pictured with one.
View Quote

I have a cheap Bushnell red dot on mine right now. The Charger comes with the rail for mounting a scope and comes with the bipod as well, although it is a pretty cheap bipod.

Off a solid rest it murders 2 inch steel flippers consistently at 50 yards with CCI standard 22LR. One of my friends bought one as well after firing mine about 20 times and hitting the swingers on every shot. It is a very cool pistol and a lot of fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolute fun. I mainly use the 5 inch bbl and its very accurate.

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Hypothetically speaking if one had both the Takedown rifle and the Charger Takedown pistol could you swap out the barrels between the two? Assuming of course you filed the rifle as a SBR. Just curious as I wondered that when seeing these advertised. I have neither but am in search of a good .22 suppressor host.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hypothetically speaking if one had both the Takedown rifle and the Charger Takedown pistol could you swap out the barrels between the two? Assuming of course you filed the rifle as a SBR. Just curious as I wondered that when seeing these advertised. I have neither but am in search of a good .22 suppressor host.
View Quote

You can swap the barrels between the stocks. They work with each other.

MAHA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top