Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2015 8:26:38 AM EDT
Read a few archived threads on a some mods you folks did.

Just wondering how they are doing or if you came up with any new mods.

Just got one on order and it looks handy.  Plan on using it suppressed alot and keeping it in my trunk for bumming the woods.

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
So far just fine. One of the quieter rifles with a can that I own.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Mines holding up well after a few hundred rounds, accurate as hell, SUPER quiet with 22 cb shorts. Had a problem with stuck cases (kind of fixed), and i hate that the sights are plastic (many little badgers have crooked ones). I bubbad' mine and narrowed the front sight post,  wrapped csmo wrap around the forend, grip, and wire stock ( ergonomics mainly), and wrapped some gorilla tape around the grip area of the rear stock for a more filling grip(covered by the camo wrap).
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
How is the 17hmr?
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Havent heard anything negative, but i havent researched them myself; i do love the 17hmr though, and with a small fixed power scope, i bet it would be a really nice pest gun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my first can (sparrow) and only had the chance to shoot maybe 5 rounds suppressed through my badger, but it was not quiet at all compared to my FV-SR.  It seemed like the blast or noise was escaping from around the action maybe.  Anybody else witness this?  This was with CCI quiet, CB, and Fiocchi subsonic.
Link Posted: 8/11/2015 11:52:35 PM EDT
[#6]
mine is good so far....not a lot of rounds downrange, but it's been taking a beating in my truck and holding up well.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just got my first can (sparrow) and only had the chance to shoot maybe 5 rounds suppressed through my badger, but it was not quiet at all compared to my FV-SR.  It seemed like the blast or noise was escaping from around the action maybe.  Anybody else witness this?  This was with CCI quiet, CB, and Fiocchi subsonic.
View Quote

I've noticed this as well with CCI Quiet vs SV. When using Quiet, it seems that the case does not seal against the chamber walls as there was a lot of soot on the brass when I ejected the case.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Seems like your guys experience with the little badger and mine are similar; the QC can be iffy on them. Though our new shipment of our deluxe versions seem like these issues have been addressed. When it comes to batches of firearms with QC issues, i suggest inspecting the rifle personally to avoid getting a lemon. While it is preferable to do this for all firearms (no company is without their lemons), i find this especially important when it comes to the chiappa rimfire rifles.
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Seems like your guys experience with the little badger and mine are similar; the QC can be iffy on them. Though our new shipment of our deluxe versions seem like these issues have been addressed. When it comes to batches of firearms with QC issues, i suggest inspecting the rifle personally to avoid getting a lemon. While it is preferable to do this for all firearms (no company is without their lemons), i find this especially important when it comes to the chiappa rimfire rifles.
View Quote

I wish they would ship the deluxe version of the little badger to America. But chiappa sad no last time I
heard. I find it funny how the little badger has come fully circle now with the deluxe version. The little
badger is based on the RC92 Flobert 9mm shotgun and now it looks like it with this newest version.

I have always wanted to own one of those RC92 shotguns.

Did anyone find out if m1 carbine sights will fit the Little badger? I would love to get one and use the iron
sights only with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:15:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Strange that the deluxe version never made it to the states; i suppose its just what kind of cost the distributors can get them for, and whether or not its worth it. They are pricey here (about $279 compared to $179 for the standard version.); so cost over demand may have something to do with it. Like i said, they seem to be of better quality, atleast the batches of both versions ive seen. I like the idea of the 9mm flobert, its kind of a "pistol caliber shotgun" cartridge; something that is very effective on small vermin, but not loud enough to piss off the neighbours! Imagine having a lever gun in that caliber?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 3:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Strange that the deluxe version never made it to the states; i suppose its just what kind of cost the distributors can get them for, and whether or not its worth it. They are pricey here (about $279 compared to $179 for the standard version.); so cost over demand may have something to do with it. Like i said, they seem to be of better quality, atleast the batches of both versions ive seen. I like the idea of the 9mm flobert, its kind of a "pistol caliber shotgun" cartridge; something that is very effective on small vermin, but not loud enough to piss off the neighbours! Imagine having a lever gun in that caliber?
View Quote

I would love it. I reminds me of my old neighbor that used to shoot the opossums and raccoons in his
backyard with a suppressed .410 gauge shotgun that he put together himself.

The suppressor, not the shotgun .

To bad you couldn't buy one of those deluxe little badgers and a RC92 and lose them on a trip through
the states.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I did a lot of mods on mine but I really enjoy it. You can look up my threads on it. It is accurate and fun to hike around the farm with I solidly anchored a good sized ground hog with mine at 50 yards off hand and it was very easy.

I wish someone who make aftermarket rear sights for it. I made mine. I filed the front post to a point and my accuracy improved.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I did a lot of mods on mine but I really enjoy it. You can look up my threads on it. It is accurate and fun to hike around the farm with I solidly anchored a good sized ground hog with mine at 50 yards off hand and it was very easy.

I wish someone who make aftermarket rear sights for it. I made mine. I filed the front post to a point and my accuracy improved.
View Quote

Yours was one, the guy that posted first and another guy from the SF forum (Derrick I think)

All great stuff.  Just got a shipped email today so I should have it soon

I'm  excited
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#14]
There is one on survivalist boards that i found while looking into little badger mods, and it is very nice. It has a low power scope, knife, survival kit, sling, and extra ammo, all attached to the gun and wrapped in digi camo. I think the thing only weighed about 6 pounds fully dressed. It just really shows how much potential these rifles have in terms of customization, and i think that is one of the main reasons why people are drawn to them.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you don't want a optic these work fine. They are from UTG/Leapers. Well made, even Ruger lists them as an accessory for the 10-22.

The barrel needs to be shimmed so the FS will clamp but the set-up works great. The rear sight simply clamps on the rail.

Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:32:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There is one on survivalist boards that i found while looking into little badger mods, and it is very nice. It has a low power scope, knife, survival kit, sling, and extra ammo, all attached to the gun and wrapped in digi camo. I think the thing only weighed about 6 pounds fully dressed. It just really shows how much potential these rifles have in terms of customization, and i think that is one of the main reasons why people are drawn to them.
View Quote

I never understood why people buy an ultra light rifle and then strap a bunch of crap on it. Make a kit to compliment the rifle without bolting the kitchen sink to it
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If you don't want a optic these work fine. They are from UTG/Leapers. Well made, even Ruger lists them as an accessory for the 10-22.

The barrel needs to be shimmed so the FS will clamp but the set-up works great. The rear sight simply clamps on the rail.

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.9vOioZJ4GuD6wAT8i6TBIw&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.A6z2tRy8M15Z4Rz1AGrioQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.9vOioZJ4GuD6wAT8i6TBIw&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=JN.A6z2tRy8M15Z4Rz1AGrioQ&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Do they make a hooded version. I like the original with the hood. I remade the rear sight but I wanted it back as far as possible. On the rail you might need to drill the peep for low light performance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do they make a hooded version. I like the original with the hood. I remade the rear sight but I wanted it back as far as possible. On the rail you might need to drill the peep for low light performance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not that I am aware of. That said the square post is very robust.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or possibly cut it into a U.  O had a marlin 99m1 that had a rear u sight on the dovetail.  I loved that rifle.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got mine.  Overall I like it.  

Sights suck!

I have a 4x turkey scope that was on my 10/22 td.  I need higher rings to get over the rear sight.  

Put a stalk on a squirrel but the season doesn't open till the 1st.  So tempted!

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I never understood why people buy an ultra light rifle and then strap a bunch of crap on it. Make a kit to compliment the rifle without bolting the kitchen sink to it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The idea i believe was to make rifle/ survival kit that keeps everything in one place while minimizing weight and space; as far as I have seen
no one has come close to achieving this on the level this guy has. BUT if you wanted to have a similar setup with the survival items seperate it could be done; you just have the fact that all the items could become more easily seperated unintentionally; my .02.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The idea i believe was to make rifle/ survival kit that keeps everything in one place while minimizing weight and space; as far as I have seen
no one has come close to achieving this on the level this guy has. BUT if you wanted to have a similar setup with the survival items seperate it could be done; you just have the fact that all the items could become more easily seperated unintentionally; my .02.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. More likely that all your items will be lost at the same time because they were all attached to each other. Just like how I would never keep all my fire starting stuff in the same pocket or kit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:42:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not really. More likely that all your items will be lost at the same time because they were all attached to each other. Just like how I would never keep all my fire starting stuff in the same pocket or kit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So youre saying that you would never use a backpack to store items? Because everything might be lost? Good luck with that; and did i say those were the only items i would bring with me? No i didnt. Please dont neck-beard unless you read my post carefully; it just looks really bad on you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Heres the link to the little badger i was talking about, and i was wrong; it isnt 6 pounts, its 4lbs, 12oz with scope; a little hard to call overweight:
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=337302

Also, i think everything 'bolted on' compliments the idea of a survival rifle pretty nicely.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So youre saying that you would never use a backpack to store items? Because everything might be lost? Good luck with that; and did i say those were the only items i would bring with me? No i didnt. Please dont neck-beard unless you read my post carefully; it just looks really bad on you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You insult me because I don't subcribe to your idea of survival. That really looks good on you. Why would I put all my kit into my pack? If I lose it I will be in trouble. I would have all the very basics on my person. Not on my rifle.

Call me another name. It will make you look really smart.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Which one is that? The one where you thought in your head i said put everything in one pack/on one rifle? Buddy, read what i say before trying to condescend me; i think your neck hairs getting in your eyes
now, you should really trim that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Which one is that? The one where you thought in your head i said put everything in one pack/on one rifle? Buddy, read what i say before trying to condescend me; i think your neck hairs getting in your eyes
View Quote

Leave your childish insults for GD. I simply stated that loading your survival kit on your rifle seems less than helpful to me. I simply put a pouch for ammo on mine. No need for every piece of gear you carry to have its own survival kit. How many firesteels and hanks of Paracord do you need?

Do you even know what a neck beard is?
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:15:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Leave your childish insults for GD. I simply stated that loading your survival kit on your rifle seems less than helpful to me. I simply put a pouch for ammo on mine. No need for every piece of gear you carry to have its own survival kit. How many firesteels and hanks of Paracord do you need?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You didnt say that, you stated that putting these items on a little badger will result in you losing everything, when i made clear twice now that it is simply putting on survival items that are a redundancy to other equipment, (which you would likely keep together in an individual kit) and this is a method of carrying them. You can devise any way you want to carrying your equipment as long as it works, but do not give me spin and say this is any less effective then carrying it another way.

F.Y.I. I would sooner grab one kit i know contains everything i need and seperate accordingly for convenience in the field, then have to worry about whether or not i forgot one (or more) loose item(s) when im planning a hike.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Today while shooting mine I had a few pops out of the breechend using cb shorts.

I also noticed all of my standard velocity brass was buldged in front of the rim where there is a groove for the firing pin.  Cb were not buldged. So I think that's the root of the prob.

It was pretty quiet with my can.

I'm waiting on a utg rear sight and a crosman pellet pistol rear sight.  Both I got off eBay.  I should be able to make one work.  Also did the screw pistol grip mod. Cut the head off the screw and found a piece of PVC hose to slide over it.  Handles much better with a psuedo pistol grip

Did a single strand paracord sling and had a pouch that held 5 shotshells and attached it to the stock. I think I got it at countycomm .

Really dig this rifle

If chiappa stepped it up with the sights I could see this rifle catching on
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top