Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2015 10:47:32 PM EDT
Just got this rifle 2 weeks ago, to host my Huntertown guardian. Shoots great! Would like to put a scope on it now  and having trouble a base locally. Any body know the weaver base I need. Tried midway but no joy
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#1]
#15 IIRC

Edit: #12 is correct, my memory was incorrect
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Here you go:

http://shopruger.com/Ruger-American-Rifle-American-Rimfire-Weaver-Scope-Base-Set/productinfo/87502/
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:59:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Might I recommend EGW or DIP?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Straight out of page 29 in the owners manual.

ATTACHING SCOPE RINGS
The RUGER AMERICAN RIMFIRE® incorporates integral 3/8” dovetails
for standard Tip-Off Mounts and is drilled and tapped for standard scope bases
(Weaver #12) which accept a variety of scope rings.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, although both are taller than the Weaver.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

EGW +1

love their stuff
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an EGW on my magnum and it looks great and is solid. I love my rifle its a great shooting gun and I have been shooting it quite a bit for the past two weeks and am happy.

I am thinking of getting the long rifle version as a host for my rimfire cans because I don't have a lr host rifle.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:21:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I just used Leupold rifelman rings lows. They work really well with the high comb.

I am using a Leupold vx1 3-9x40
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:33:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Thinking of picking up an 8306 (compact, threaded) in the next couple weeks. I know the #12 bases, and considering a Primary Arms 1-4. But, I have no idea about rings. What height do I need? (Everything else I have is AR platform)
View Quote

There are several threads about that here.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 11:12:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I went with the DNZ game reaper, it has worked out really well for me.  the low mount cleared the rear sight with a leupold 2-7 rimfire and it has been a rock solid setup for about $50

-Mike
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Based on something I read at RFC I used Weaver #15 bases with Burris med height signature Z's.  The 15's are the same screw pattern but a little higher.  Perfect clearance with my Meuller APV.  Gun is very accurate.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Based on something I read at RFC I used Weaver #15 bases with Burris med height signature Z's.  The 15's are the same screw pattern but a little higher.  Perfect clearance with my Meuller APV.  Gun is very accurate.
View Quote

Is that supposed to have addressed an issue you were having?  I have a Mueller APT mounted on one of my RARs with medium rings and the #12s.  If the set up was any higher, I would consider it excessive.  It is perfect where it is now with the #12s.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Weaver #12 bases are the correct ones for the Ruger American Rimfire per Weaver website.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is that supposed to have addressed an issue you were having?  I have a Mueller APT mounted on one of my RARs with medium rings and the #12s.  If the set up was any higher, I would consider it excessive.  It is perfect where it is now with the #12s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The APV has a objective-mounted parallax adjustment.  Makes the diameter a little close to the front sigh.  The 15 bases are perfect for this setup.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:35:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The APV has a objective-mounted parallax adjustment.  Makes the diameter a little close to the front sigh.  The 15 bases are perfect for this setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#12s and medium rings.  The APT has the same objective and  the rings wouldn't allow me enough room to slide the scope back far enough for the rear sight to be a problem on the objective, even if I wanted to.  Our scopes have nearly identical dimensions.

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I went with the DNZ game reaper, it has worked out really well for me.  the low mount cleared the rear sight with a leupold 2-7 rimfire and it has been a rock solid setup for about $50

-Mike
View Quote

I came to post this same thing, currently have one of these on my 10/22 and my Marlin 336.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:47:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm pretty happy with mine, that much that I bought another one in .17HMR that I haven't been able to try out yet

added a Leupold 2-7x28 rimfire scope to it and it shoots like a house on fire at 50yds.

great rifle for beginners

only wish Ruger built one in left hand so it would be easier for my wife to shoot
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top