Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2015 1:22:15 PM EDT
Received mine last week and finally got around to installing and weighing everything.

Tac Sol Barrel:  26.95 oz

Ruger Barrel:    33.05 oz

Tac Sol Stock:   23.10 oz

Ruger Stock:     16.85 oz

Ruger Action:    21.00 oz

Installed:

Total Stock Ruger:   70.90 oz
Total Tac Sol:         71.05 oz

- I like the Tac Sol sights a lot more.  It has a yellow fiber front dot and the rear seems to work well with it.

- I like the Hogue stock better, even though it is slightly heavier.  It has better rubbery grip and is more solid feeling. The Ruger is light but very slick and sharp checkering.

- I don't like that it moved the center of balance further back.  It is now quite a bit lighter in the barrel end, and heavier in the stock end.

- It has a much tighter gap between the stock than the Ruger had.

- It seems to have a tiny amount of play in the barrel lockup.  I think I have it as tight as the adjustment will allow, and there is the slightest bit of play.  Not too bad, but not perfectly solid either.

I haven't shot it yet, hope to do that in the next few days...  The Ruger was pretty darn accurate out of the box.

Link Posted: 7/24/2015 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

- I don't like that it moved the center of balance further back.  It is now quite a bit lighter in the barrel end, and heavier in the stock end.
View Quote

Ruger in the back, TacSol in the front?  

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Very curious how it shoots
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Can the front sight be replaced with a tech sight?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I like it

I'm on . The way
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I have Hogue stocks on a couple of 10/22s. I have been waiting for Hogue to make one for the TD. Cool!
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 6:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have Hogue stocks on a couple of 10/22s. I have been waiting for Hogue to make one for the TD. Cool!
View Quote

Likewise. I have a nice Tacsol lightweight .920 set up as one of my suppressor host. With a plethora of other suppressed 22's in the collection. I want something off a 10/22 platform that would get me back in to shooting them. The OP's set up looks like just the ticket.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:12:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Can you see the sights over a weaver rail?

I really want one of these sets, but being able to see the sights over a rail is important to me
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Can the front sight be replaced with a tech sight?
View Quote

I don't see anything on the Tech Sight page that suggests they have a front sight base for the .920" barrel OD.  The Tac Sol front sight looks like it has just one screw from the top securing the front sight, so it looks like it would remove easy enough.

ETA:  Now I see they have a slip-on adapter.  So... Maybe?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Can you see the sights over a weaver rail?
I really want one of these sets, but being able to see the sights over a rail is important to me
View Quote

My camera wasn't cooperating with me and wouldn't focus on the rear sight, but you can see that it has plenty of clearance over a low-profile rail.  I don't think I have a standard rail handy to verify.  

Link to rail:  http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/SLR-1022-BL.html

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]
The Tech-Sight .920 adapter slips over the barrel and is fastened with Loctite. It works well.

If your barrel lock-up is a little loose, remove the barrel and tighten the adjustment knob 1-2 clicks more, then reassemble. That worked on mine.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Those sights look great. Is that the tac sol rail?
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Those sights look great. Is that the tac sol rail?
View Quote

No.  Link 2 posts up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top