Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2015 12:46:55 PM EDT
This is my new favorite .22 rifle. Ruger American Rimfire compact threaded with Burris rings, Nikon Rimfire 4x32, Sllencerco Warlock II and Harris bipod.

I built it primarily for backyard plinking and pest control. So far I've taken several starlings and crows as well as a nuisance squirrel that kept digging up my wife's flowers. I've been using CCI Quiet Segmented which is shockingly quiet through the bolt un and can and has proven instantly lethal on critters. It's so quiet that I've been able to take multiple birds in a group without disturbing the rest. This morning I killed three starlings in a group of five.

My buddy is begging me to go squirrel hunting with him this fall. I have no interest in eating rodents but I might go just for fun and let him keep the kills.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow. No one posted to your thread. Well let me be the first. This is my set up for exterminating unwanted backyard quests.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice setup!
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice setup!
View Quote

Thanks! I'm considering doing a form 1 and having the barrel cut back to 12" to make it a little more handy.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Wow. No one posted to your thread. Well let me be the first. This is my set up for exterminating unwanted backyard quests. http://i.imgur.com/zq6Zbko.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/UtQvM9l.jpg
View Quote

Very cool. A pump .22 is one of those things I've wanted for a while but haven't got around to buying.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks! I'm considering doing a form 1 and having the barrel cut back to 12" to make it a little more handy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice setup!

DO IT!  You'll love the balance and maneuverability with the can attached.  

12.5" barrel:

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice set-ups

Thinking of going integral barrel on this sometime or get a 10" barrel to help with length like parshooter

Crazy thing is this will cycle and shoot Remington Golds pretty good with the red dot on it

Need a better scope to really see what it is capable of.

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

12.5" barrel:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/parshooter/short.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice setup!

12.5" barrel:

Damn that's sexy.  Specs?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

12.5" barrel:

Thank ya'.  It includes:

• Hogue stock

• Tactical Solutions 12.5" barrel

• Volquartsen sear/hammer, take-down screw, & mag release

• Larue base

• Larue QD rings & ring inserts

• Leupold VX-II 4-12 AO w/ LR reticle

• Leupold flip-up scope covers

• Rimfire Technologies charging handle

• Rimfire Technologies trigger housing

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:37:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice rifles!

And I have never seen an
armored opossum before.

John
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is my new favorite .22 rifle. Ruger American Rimfire compact threaded with Burris rings, Nikon Rimfire 4x32, Sllencerco Warlock II and Harris bipod.

I built it primarily for backyard plinking and pest control. So far I've taken several starlings and crows as well as a nuisance squirrel that kept digging up my wife's flowers. I've been using CCI Quiet Segmented which is shockingly quiet through the bolt un and can and has proven instantly lethal on critters. It's so quiet that I've been able to take multiple birds in a group without disturbing the rest. This morning I killed three starlings in a group of five.

My buddy is begging me to go squirrel hunting with him this fall. I have no interest in eating rodents but I might go just for fun and let him keep the kills.

<snip>
View Quote

Awesome setup!  I can only wish to have a can on any of my firearms.  Lucky you live in a free state
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
You know, if you haven't already done it, it's real easy to lighten that trigger to 2# and even lighter though I wouldn't recommend lighter.
Here's mine. It's most often used to clear out the pesky blackbirds that crap all over my buddy's car out in the country where he lives.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm building a RAR this week, actually. Boyds stock, AAC Prodigy, and a couple other accessories. I'll post pics when I get it complete.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 4:36:49 AM EDT
[#13]
And my latest .22 skunk killer to the collection.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

12.5" barrel:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice setup!

12.5" barrel:

Damn, that makes me want to spend money!  I would need a new barrel & suppressor, other than that mine's very similar with the OD green stock and Green Mountain 16in fluted barrel.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#15]

We keep this one out for pests; wife has killed more than I have with it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 12:43:31 PM EDT
[#16]
placeholder for pics

My Marlin 983s (.22wmr) is getting threaded right now for my spectre II.
4x scope, suppressor, bipod, 16rnds of .22mag on tap
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Pair of critter getters....  I love the 16" threaded CZ452's (if you can't tell).  Going to try and scoop up one more as one is mine, one is for my son in 5 years or so (he's 2 now), and I'll want at least one more for our next kid as well..... Next one might have to be a CZ 455 with a chopped and threaded barrel though...

Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice setups - I want a suppressed .22 rifle (pistol and rifle) badly but I don't have any private property to shoot on so I just can't justify it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Another backyard pest bites the dust.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Exactly what I came to this section to search for.  I've got a family of dillos tearing up my backyard.  I don't have a dedicated .22 can as of yet, but I do have a Form 1 7.62 can on my AR.  I have been thinking about trying my CMMG .22 conversion kit in my AR through the suppressor to see how quiet it would actually be.  I can't find any subsonic .22 locally, and before I ordered some I wanted to try and research whether or not the sub .22 would be effective enough to take out a dillo anyway.  Is a headshot required or will the subs penetrate the shell?
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#21]
All of my KIDD builds prior to this were set-up to get every bit of accuracy possible with BR stocks, 3oz/3oz triggers, 36X target scopes etc.  They were really only useful on a benchrest. Trying to hold up an 11lb rifle with a fixed 36X scope is impossible. I decided to build one last one with the purpose from the start being a rifle I could accurately shoot offhand and take out ground squirrels, rabbits etc. It's definitely one of my favorite .22s. Accuracy is impressive, easily MOA capable out to 100. Functions flawlessly and is a ton of fun to shoot.

All KIDD components. Classic receiver with rear tang, 16" fluted match barrel, scalloped bolt, single stage trigger(<1.5lbs), Leupold VX-2 4-12X, Warne QD rings, TacSol Vantage stock(pillared, bedded, barrel fully free floated)

Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Just posted this an another thread. But it's my current pest control rifle.
Savage MKII with factory laminated stock, barrel threading done a JP Grips in Pelican Rapids, MN, and Silencerco Sparrow.
With CCI sub's, is deadly quite, even with the FRP. My neighbors never know I shooting it.

Savage MKII Suppressed[/URL]
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Exactly what I came to this section to search for. I've got a family of tearing up my backyard. I don't have a dedicated .22 can as of yet, but I do have a Form 1 7.62 can on my AR. I have been thinking about trying my CMMG .22 conversion kit in my AR through the suppressor to see how quiet it would actually be. I can't find any subsonic .22 locally, and before I ordered some I wanted to try and research whether or not the sub .22 would be effective enough to take out a anyway. Is a headshot required or will the subs penetrate the shell?
View Quote
Any subsonic will penetrate an armadillo. Head shot not required. Keep in mind if using an AR-15 subsonic's will not cycle. You will have to cycle manually. You will need standard velocity or higher to cycle an AR or any semi-auto for that matter. That's why my pump action is my go too .22. It will cycle anything I put in it.

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 12:29:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Any subsonic will penetrate an armadillo. Head shot not required. Keep in mind if using an AR-15 subsonic's will not cycle. You will have to cycle manually. You will need standard velocity or higher to cycle an AR or any semi-auto for that matter. That's why my pump action is my go too .22. It will cycle anything I put in it.   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3181666/Texas-man-shot-bullet-fired-armadillo-ricocheted-animal-s-shell.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly what I came to this section to search for. I've got a family of tearing up my backyard. I don't have a dedicated .22 can as of yet, but I do have a Form 1 7.62 can on my AR. I have been thinking about trying my CMMG .22 conversion kit in my AR through the suppressor to see how quiet it would actually be. I can't find any subsonic .22 locally, and before I ordered some I wanted to try and research whether or not the sub .22 would be effective enough to take out a anyway. Is a headshot required or will the subs penetrate the shell?
Any subsonic will penetrate an armadillo. Head shot not required. Keep in mind if using an AR-15 subsonic's will not cycle. You will have to cycle manually. You will need standard velocity or higher to cycle an AR or any semi-auto for that matter. That's why my pump action is my go too .22. It will cycle anything I put in it.   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3181666/Texas-man-shot-bullet-fired-armadillo-ricocheted-animal-s-shell.html

Subsonics will cycle every semi auto .22 pistol and rifle I own; 10/22s, AR conversions, MkIIs and P-22.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 1:19:03 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Just posted this an another thread. But it's my current pest control rifle.

Savage MKII with factory laminated stock, barrel threading done a JP Grips in Pelican Rapids, MN, and Silencerco Sparrow.

With CCI sub's, is deadly quite, even with the FRP. My neighbors never know I'm shooting it.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8166/7429050950_c0e1e56f08_c.jpgSavage MKII Suppressed[/URL]
View Quote

Fine looking rifle as is, but, jus' sayin'...  

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Subsonics will cycle every semi auto .22 pistol and rifle I own; 10/22s, AR conversions, MkIIs and P-22.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Subsonics don't cycle my Ruger Mark III,my AR,my Walther P-22 or my Remington 552. Nor will they cycle any of my neighbors semi auto's. They will cycle standard velocity which is subsonic but as far as CCI CB or CCI Quiet or Aguila Super Colibri they all do not cycle semi auto rifles or guns.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#27]
My RAR came in last week, and while I'm still waiting on the stock from Boyds, I did get it out to the range today. The second pic shows one of the better groups I got at 50 yards with Norma TAC-22. There are a total of 9 holes, can you count them all?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice setup!

Do et.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nice set-ups

Thinking of going integral barrel on this sometime or get a 10" barrel to help with length like parshooter

http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r648/stre-tch/Taccom-Victor-1022-4_zpszab6be2f.jpg

Crazy thing is this will cycle and shoot Remington Golds pretty good with the red dot on it

View Quote

Nice set up.......who makes the stock?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally got my stock in from Boyds, and I'm declaring this one done.

Here it is with it's big brother.

Link Posted: 8/5/2015 4:18:03 PM EDT
[#31]
That's a Titan 1022 Stock from Victor Company: Victor Company

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice set-ups

http://i1360.photobucket.com/albums/r648/stre-tch/Taccom-Victor-1022-4_zpszab6be2f.jpg

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:17:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6x8q3o1ue50/VcJfgfIyeXI/AAAAAAAABeg/oSut4-1k-94/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150805_150423813.jpg
View Quote

Nice.  I'm curious to know if you see a noticeable difference in accuracy with the new stock.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I would be interested also. Since the factory stock free floats the barrel I'm going to guess that it's an increase in comfort and cosmetics only.

Quoted:

Nice.  I'm curious to know if you see a noticeable difference in accuracy with the new stock.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6x8q3o1ue50/VcJfgfIyeXI/AAAAAAAABeg/oSut4-1k-94/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150805_150423813.jpg

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That's a Titan 1022 Stock from Victor Company: Victor Company

{SNIP}

View Quote

Great......Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I would be interested also. Since the factory stock free floats the barrel I'm going to guess that it's an increase in comfort and cosmetics only.

The Boyds stock uses the factory bedding block, and is also free float.

There is no difference in accuracy, however the aftermarket stock gives more real estate to grip the rifle, providing more control, and is a big cosmetic boost.

As you can see, accuracy is good at 50 yards. These groups are no different with the new stock than with the factory original stock...

I was most impressed with cheap Blazer ammo...

And most embarrassed with Winchester 36 grain from one of those 333 packs. Yuck!

And here is a grouping of Norma Tac-22 at 100 yards....

Here is a grouping of Norma Tac-22 with the original stock, showing it still has that one flyer every time with that ammo....

Link Posted: 8/8/2015 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice groups all the way around. The POI had an expected shift but accuracy is great. I also use Boyd's stocks. I love the fit and feel.

Quoted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pIMuYLU3tIE/VcPY7Nt1WrI/AAAAAAAABe4/wRmxw_V0uJg/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_130751779.jpg

There is no difference in accuracy, however the aftermarket stock gives more real estate to grip the rifle, providing more control, and is a big cosmetic boost.

As you can see, accuracy is good at 50 yards. These groups are no different with the new stock than with the factory original stock...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5uXRRmg6zCc/VcPZ8GM6_TI/AAAAAAAABfE/6sbt8qL-ULY/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_142940772.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BY1MsvmraO8/VcPaIYkrJvI/AAAAAAAABfI/MGjBUvAEks8/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_140353615.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-YFQ8w8K6w0Y/VcOhjjJudmI/AAAAAAAAFxI/QGZJyp9kpqg/w1224-h689-no/IMG_20150806_140337274.jpg

And most embarrassed with Winchester 36 grain from one of those 333 packs. Yuck!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TyLvCFbRI7M/VcPb-BvvzHI/AAAAAAAABfc/qanEX4uIreo/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_140342238.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hS7dyROJRc4/VcPab2jXo9I/AAAAAAAABfQ/Xg2Y0a40sKc/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_150639622.jpg

Here is a grouping of Norma Tac-22 with the original stock, showing it still has that one flyer every time with that ammo....

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--m6U-CEtaKI/Vb7_AMBGLmI/AAAAAAAABeI/vRNeVoqsCtc/s640-Ic42/IMG_20150802_174640298.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pIMuYLU3tIE/VcPY7Nt1WrI/AAAAAAAABe4/wRmxw_V0uJg/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_130751779.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5uXRRmg6zCc/VcPZ8GM6_TI/AAAAAAAABfE/6sbt8qL-ULY/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_142940772.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-BY1MsvmraO8/VcPaIYkrJvI/AAAAAAAABfI/MGjBUvAEks8/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_140353615.jpg

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-YFQ8w8K6w0Y/VcOhjjJudmI/AAAAAAAAFxI/QGZJyp9kpqg/w1224-h689-no/IMG_20150806_140337274.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-TyLvCFbRI7M/VcPb-BvvzHI/AAAAAAAABfc/qanEX4uIreo/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_140342238.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hS7dyROJRc4/VcPab2jXo9I/AAAAAAAABfQ/Xg2Y0a40sKc/s912-Ic42/IMG_20150806_150639622.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--m6U-CEtaKI/Vb7_AMBGLmI/AAAAAAAABeI/vRNeVoqsCtc/s640-Ic42/IMG_20150802_174640298.jpg

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top