Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2015 2:14:24 PM EDT
I picked-up this little 4 pound 21" barreled Voere single shot .22 yesterday at the flea market for $75.00. It looked like cats had used the stock as a scratching post so I redid the walnut stock with four coats of Tung Oil. Turned out OK.

Voere (Germany) was absorbed by Mauser-Werke in the 80s though there is still a Voere rifle made in Austria but it's a different company.

Marked VOERE GmbH. Vahrenbach/Germany. Made in 1966.

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I picked-up this little 4 pound 21" barreled Voere single shot .22 yesterday at the flea market for $75.00. It looked like cats had used the stock as a scratching post so I redid the walnut stock with four coats of Tung Oil. Turned out OK.

Voere (Germany) was absorbed by Mauser-Werke in the 80s though there is still a Voere rifle made in Austria but it's a different company.

Marked VOERE GmbH. Vahrenbach/Germany. Made in 1966.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2vb26u0.jpg

http://oi61.tinypic.com/psmdx.jpg

http://oi60.tinypic.com/fx79lh.jpg
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, I've never seen (or heard) of one of those before. Nice work on the stock.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Care to share flea market location?  PLEASE????  I never find any good stuff.  A couple of decent ones, but that's
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Shot it yet?  I'd expect it to be very accurate.  Sweet looking rifle.

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Care to share flea market location?  PLEASE????  I never find any good stuff.  A couple of decent ones, but that's
View Quote

Wellll......It's more of a "meet at the flea market" type of thing. A baker's dozen guys usually show up and we eat breakfast and trick and trade FTF among ourselves.

Unless they are MLs or antiques none of the area FMs allow gun sales unless you hold a FFL.

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Ah!  Actually sound like a nice time.  Always good to meet with friends and jabber jaw about what's been going on
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Voere was one of the popular brands in Germany for domestic .22s, along with Anschutz.  I believe they made the Kleinguenther line for the US back in the 70s. I had a bolt repeater and it was pretty nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top