Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2015 3:30:47 PM EDT
This looks like a nice upgrade for the 10/22 Takedown model. Somewhat expensive but worth it IMO if you're looking to really improve the accuracy of your Takedown while keeping it lightweight.

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/1198-lightweight-barrel-and-stock-for-the-ruger-10-22-takedown

Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
So it has a lightweight carbon fiber wrapped barrel, but then has a solid Aluminum stock?

Being VQ I am sure it is high quality but not what I am looking for in a takedown.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, after reading the forend was aluminum I thought.... If they had a matching rear portion of the stock I could maybe see the appeal but using an aluminum forend with the factory plastic rear end of the stock doesn't interest me.

They do sell just the barrel assembly though to use with whatever forend you like.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I like that they put the scope rail on the barrel.
Shouldn't have any shifting POI issues with that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]
That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen on a 10/22

It looks like the mossberg tactical lever action, but worse
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top