Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2015 6:28:29 PM EDT
I was given a glenfield m60 is crappy shape , missing mag inner & outer tube front sight etc but it has no serial # on the receiver?? Is it a real old model or what????, No bolt hold open feature so it's an older model still could be pre or post 1975??
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Marlinowners.com can help you out.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#2]
With no SN# it is a Pre-68.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 10:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys so know I know what front sight and other parts to order.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#4]
The only place I could find a old style inner and outer mag tube for mine was on gunbroker and I had to buy the whole barrel assembly. From what I understand they don't make the old style anymore. I also purchased a new trigger guard from https://www.diproductsinc.com as Mine was cracked. Good parts listing is here: NUMRICH
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only place I could find a old style inner and outer mag tube for mine was on gunbroker and I had to buy the whole barrel assembly. From what I understand they don't make the old style anymore. I also purchased a new trigger guard from https://www.diproductsinc.com as Mine was cracked. Good parts listing is here: NUMRICH
View Quote

I already ordered some parts through GPC, they were out of the outer tubes as well but had new inner complete assemblies. I was going to look on GB today as well. I too needed both but would like to try and get them cheap, model 60's are worth much new, we used to buy them with scope, case, ammo, et c at Kmart for $80.00 new back in the day.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#6]
In 1990 I paid $120 for my Model 990.  It was a Model 60 with a laminated Monte Carlo stock and hooded front sight.  IIRC it was a store specific model (Meijers) sold in 1990.

My father bought his Glenfield Marlin 60 for $15 used.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Back in '66, Monkey Wards had the Glenfield 60 with a 4x scope for $34.95 on sale through their mail order.  I ordered one even though $34.95 and tax was hard to come by when I only made $50.00 a week.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Nowadays I see people trying to sell for $200.00 as "vintage" 1980 something, really, That's not vintage IMO considering they started  mfg in 1960. I wouldn't pay $200 for one considering the shear amount of used ones out there and I can get a used 10/22,etc for that price.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Nowadays I see people trying to sell for $200.00 as "vintage" 1980 something, really, That's not vintage IMO considering they started  mfg in 1960. I wouldn't pay $200 for one considering the shear amount of used ones out there and I can get a used 10/22,etc for that price. I more consider my model 39 lever made in 1952 as vintage.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 6:11:52 PM EDT
[#10]
The older rifles might not all have a lash shot hold open, but they were generally higher quality with a metal trigger guard and better quality wood stocks and nice metal finishes and higher capacity tubes. If an older rifle is taken care of, I think it is worth paying for the quality. Also $50 in 1960 Dollars is a lot different than 2015 Dollars so you cant say you bought this for $50 and now it is used so it must we worth less than $50.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The older rifles might not all have a lash shot hold open, but they were generally higher quality with a metal trigger guard and better quality wood stocks and nice metal finishes and higher capacity tubes. If an older rifle is taken care of, I think it is worth paying for the quality. Also $50 in 1960 Dollars is a lot different than 2015 Dollars so you cant say you bought this for $50 and now it is used so it must we worth less than $50.
View Quote

True but it still is what it is, a Glenfield model 60, They do not compare it fit, finish, reliability, and accessory availability as a Ruger 10/22, IMO anyone would pay ie: $200. for a used 10/22 before a Glenfield or marlin model 60. Again my opinion.

This has no serial #, no bolt hold open, so it is probably 1960-1968 mfg. It's receiver is matte black finished, barrel blued and of course walnut stock with squirrel & life designs. But overall condition is fair for the bluing and stock.

Now if it was a model 57 lever 22mag or something else I would consider more money but I would never pay a lot for one of these no matter what condition. I got this one for free. I fixed and cleaned a marlin m60 for a guy and he gave me this one plus  money as payment. Good little 22's just not worth a lot to me. I have many different 22 rifles I prefer to hunt/shoot with. I went completely thru this one and ordered some parts, now need to get inner/outer tube assemblies and give it to one of my kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top