Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2015 4:45:04 PM EDT
Just finished up my dedicated AR 22LR build and function tested it yesterday! Only shot one round through it but it cycled the next round. I wasn't really in the right place so to speak to even second chance a double tap so I can't wait to get out and shoot a few mags through it. I'm pretty sure it's gonna run fine.
I used a GWACS OFGreen polymer lower with a stripped upper from Palmetto State. A Taccom 16" standard 22 LR barrel with an A2 flash hider and a Taccom bolt.  A Midwest Ind Gen II SS 12" hand guard in OD green. I also put a set of Midwest low pro folding sights on it.
I'm pretty proud of it. Cost me way more than I should have spent. I wish I had a way of posting a couple of pics but I don't.
 With all that being said and all of my bragging there's one more thing I'd like to get. If anybody is familiar with the GWACS site they sell a sling for their rifles that fits in the slit in the A2 stock but they are out of them at the moment. The polymer stock has a slit in the side to pit a sling and then I have a QD socket on the hand guard for the other end. Is there somewhere I may be able to buy a sling that will work on a setup like that. It may be standard on a collapsible stock. I don't know. I'm not that familiar with the carbines. Basically I need a way to loop it through itself on the cheek end and then have a QD swivel on the other end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Matt
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:23:24 AM EDT
[#1]
TTIUWP
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on getting your 22 AR together, they are tons of fun to shoot.  Biggest problem around here is finding 22 LR ammo to buy.   I don't see why you can't use a 2 point sling with your lower.  I think the slot should be at least 1" which is very common for two point slings.  I have bought several Blackhawk 1" wide two point slings which have good quality and generally sell for less than $15.  All you need is the quick release to thread onto one end of the sling and thread the other end through the slot on your lower.  I like the Blackhawk sling because it has plenty of length for just about any long gun and are inexpensive.

The sling pictured with the CAV-15 polymer lower is designed to have the sling attach to the side of the stock to enhance carrying the rifle in the assault/patrol position.  This basically means the rifle will ride more or less horizontal in front of your torso, depending on how the sling is adjusted it is easy to have the rifle hang horizontal, muzzle down or muzzle up.  The weapon can be easily carried In this position for long periods of time and allows the user to control the rifle with one hand on the pistol grip while opening doors.  Most any 3 point tactical sling can be configured in this fashion.  Specter Slings makes a sling for the A-1, A-2 butt stock which uses the same strap to attach to the butt.  I know Brownell's sells several version of Specter Slings.

Here is a link to Specter's site, they have numerous products of high quality, I used the SOP 3 point sling on my 16" AR-15 duty rifle.  The front mounting hardware can easily be adapted to use a quick release swivel.

https://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=132
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TTIUWP
View Quote

Not sure what that means. I'll check out the Black Hawk and the link.  Thanks VASCAR2. I just need a sling. Nothing tactical. Just something to sling it on my shoulder.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Not sure what that means. I'll check out the Black Hawk and the link.  Thanks VASCAR2. I just need a sling. Nothing tactical. Just something to sling it on my shoulder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

TTIUWP

We're very visually oriented around here.  We would like to see your new rifle!
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Gotcha. I'd be happy to show it off. Unfortunately I'm not a member at the moment and can't post pics. I need to spend the $24 and subscribe but haven't done it. I know I know. It's not that much compared to buying gun parts yada yada. If someone will post them for me I'll be glad to send them a few shots using my phone. I'm pretty proud of it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#6]
You don't need a membership to post pics.  Got to photobucket.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top