Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2015 2:31:17 PM EDT
I'm desperately seeking any source available for information on where to start with adding front and rear globe sights to my lefty CZ 452 Lux.  I think I've narrowed down my rear sight base options to the Gehmann compact 590L, since I need something that's compact enough for the bolt to clear the sight on the left hand side.  Most other options for receiver sights I've seen mount on the left, but my rifle's left-handed so that's not an option.

With that in mind, I could really use some advice on how to mount a matching front globe and where to find the parts I need.  I've tried calling Brownells, and spent a few days emailing back and forth with someone at Champion's Choice, but noone seems to have an answer for what to do about the CZ's not exactly standard existing front sight ramp.  I'm not opposed to taking a handful of parts to the local gunsmith and getting professional help modifying the existing base to accept a new type of sight.  I just need to know what handful of parts to bring and where I can find them.

If someone can confirm that it's just not possible, then that's helpful information too.  If it's not possible and someone can recommend a different lefty-friendly repeating bolt gun that would be easier to set up for globes, I'd greatly appreciate the help.  I know I can get a really nice single shot from the CMP, but I'd rather have something that will survive the rapid fire stages of the Appleseed AQT.  All else fails, I guess I'm building another AR.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Savage makes left hand bolt actions, I just can not find a left hand version of the  MKII FVT which comes with Globe sights from the factory.

I would suspect that Savage would make you one if you asked?

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I've already asked on RFC, and got no response.  I've emailed Denny, but the Brno rear is incompatible with the left-handed bolt.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top