Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2015 10:13:41 AM EDT
Walther G22 Info

I've been a bullpup fan for a long time and this little 22lr looks cool.  For under $450 for a factory bullpup I think it may be good.  I've heard that they shoot 2" at 100yds with bulk ammo.  Has anyone shot one?  Hiw did you like it?  How was the accuracy?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 10:41:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Walther G22 Info

I've been a bullpup fan for a long time and this little 22lr looks cool.  For under $450 for a factory bullpup I think it may be good.  I've heard that they shoot 2" at 100yds with bulk ammo.  Has anyone shot one?  Hiw did you like it?  How was the accuracy?
View Quote

I have one.  Accuracy is not bad, but it's not a tack driver.  The trigger is not bad for a bullpup.

I've disassembled a lot of different guns in my day, and this one is by far the most boisterous.  Think spinning reel, with bonus exploding springs.

I really don't know how I managed to put it back together by myself.  You really need about six hands for that.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#2]
don't take it apart to clean it
little springs go flying, just use CCI ammo and clean with a boresnake.
comes with 2 10 round mags, if you need more mags they are expensive.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything as above. Got mine used, with a laser, for $250 in 2009.
Its an Umarex product, so uses the Walther name, but think P22 quality not P99 quality.

Adjustable LOP is nice. Mine shoots around 1" at 100 (far as i can go). Extra mag storage is also a perk.

Worst gun I've ever taken apart, had to call S&W to get replacement springs. Id tell you which springs, but I dont think they have a name-just shapes.

Mine sheared a charging handle/lever at the range. There is a v2 bolt assembly as of 2011, so that should be a non issue if its new.

Its a neat gun that gets range attention and i like the ergonomics of it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
If you buy one, go ahead and order the replacement springs right away, cause you're going to loose them guaranteed as soon as you take the rifle apart.  Once you get a bit used to them and have some backups they're not that bad.

Mine was decently accurate (not savage, Annie, or sako accurate, but decent enough. It would walk to the left as the barrel warmed up.  Once warm it did pretty well and the shift was very consistent.  Mine loved Remington T22 for accuracy, which is pretty funny because no other 22lr rimfire I've ever owned or heard of likes that ammo in any way.

Compact package was nice.

I sold it to fund a better Walther (P99 AS 9mm) and I wasn't really loving the cold bore adjustments.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#5]
It might shoot 2" at 100yds with bulk ammo.  I've only used it at 50 yds.
Mine has been very reliable.  I will never take it apart to clean it.  Whatever can be cleaned through the ejection port will have to be acceptable.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one and it was fun, but had a wandering zero.
The sights and scope mount are just too flimsy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top