User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll go .10 a round  shipped for mini mags or standard velocity.  All others .07 a round....
View Quote

THIS

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#2]
$35 for a 500 round brick is my current limit. The Cabelas in Columbus, OH has 500 round bricks of Winchester Super X for that price about every 3rd or 4th time I stop in there.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, since I like CCI mini mags and Walmart always sells them for 7.97 per box of 100 that would make my price limit .079 cents per round.    For normal plinking rounds .05 cents per round is my max.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What price for .22 do you consider low enough to buy if didn't have any stockpiled.  I just bought 500 at .11 a rd because I had none and just picked up a 22/45 Lite and am waiting on a Spectre II and wanted to shoot it NOW.  What would you consider an acceptable price in today's .22 climate?  Locally I usually only find Gemtech which goes for about $60 for 500 rds.  
View Quote

I really only buy plated .22LR (and high velocity if i can help it) so my max price is about .10/round

Gemtech is high quality .22 for suppressors so I would be willing to pay more for that, but i dont have suppressors currently so no point
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry, lost track of this thread.

Bought my first batches online. Picked up a box (of boxes) from Walmart last year. I think I have the screenshot somewhere.

ETA - here you go. 10 Fed bulk packs of 525/$23.97. So ~4.5 cents cpr is the highest I've paid so far

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/911fan/ARFCOM/033EC272-CC18-425E-8421-013EF64DB8C0.jpg
View Quote

ok, wait.  im sorry for replying to an older post.  but how is this possible?

how did you find not 1, but TEN boxes of this stuff, at a walmart, and THEN were able to PURCHASE 10?

how in the hell does that happen?

EVERY walmart around pittsburgh, including WV and ohio, hasnt even SEEN one box of Fed Bulk, and yours got at least 10, AND allowed you to buy them all.

what crazy world am i living in here?  any PA residents wanna explain this to me?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

how did you find not 1, but TEN boxes of this stuff, at a walmart, and THEN were able to PURCHASE 10?

EVERY walmart around pittsburgh, including WV and ohio, hasnt even SEEN one box of Fed Bulk, and yours got at least 10, AND allowed you to buy them all.

what crazy world am i living in here?  any PA residents wanna explain this to me?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sorry, lost track of this thread.

Bought my first batches online. Picked up a box (of boxes) from Walmart last year. I think I have the screenshot somewhere.

ETA - here you go. 10 Fed bulk packs of 525/$23.97. So ~4.5 cents cpr is the highest I've paid so far

http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx269/911fan/ARFCOM/033EC272-CC18-425E-8421-013EF64DB8C0.jpg

Here is my thread in the archives where I detailed the Walmart score.

The short version is this:

1. I checked SWIRE's ammo out every few days for inventory

2. I visited my local wallyworld around 11 pm one night after finding inventory "in stock"

3. I had to have a stock person help me locate it, because it was on a pallet in the middle of the aisle and not on the shelf

4. Said stock person asked how much I wanted, I said all (of the particular box we found) and he walked it to the front for me

5. Checkout person (asst mgr, I think) rang me up, probably thinking the big box of 10 bulk packs counted as 1 for their "3 box/day limit"

ETA - corrected box/day limit
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd stood firm at $5.75 per box of 50 for decent ammo like SK Std. Plus.

I shoot often and still manage to keep a few thousand rounds in hand at any given time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I have settled into buying CCI Blazer for around $30 a brick after tax. My local Cabela's had all kinds of blazer (bricks) and Federal Automatch on the shelf yesterday.

The Blazer seems to give me decent performance all around and is one of the cheaper bricks right now. I like it  better than any of the Remington or Winchester offerings. I still perfer Federal bulk other than the automtach but I haven't seen it in a long time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Where do you guys find it so cheap?  I haven't even seen .22 at a Walmart around here in forever.
View Quote
I'm not buying it cheap but I have been buying a lot of mine from Gander Mt. I have been buying only sub-sonic/standard velocity for my suppressor and the prices seem to be a little higher for them. CCI quiets have been around 45.00 per 500 and the CCI CB's have been 11.00 per 100  . The CB's have always been high priced. I have some from 2008 that I paid 9.00 dollars per 100. Also I have bought from Midway and PSA @45.00 for 500 fro the standard velocity. Walmart has been a bust for several years but a couple of months ago the sales guy did say they got like 5000rds in and they were gone in a day.

Link Posted: 7/28/2015 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
This one walmart...I can go anytime and pick up 900 rounds of cci 36gr. They come In  300 round boxes 21.99 a box.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top