Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2015 8:26:57 PM EDT
I just ordered a 10/22, but I have some questions about it. I have a lot of cci standard velocity (1070fps). Will it cycle in the 10/22? I have heard that slower stuff has problems.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
CCI standard Velocity does fine in a broken in 10-22, it could have some problems in a brand new one. Might want to shoot a couple hundred Hi Velocity first to break it in.

If it is going to have a steady diet of Standards/subs than you might want to look up the ramped bolt mod for 10-22's.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it will, shot a lot thru mine & my son's his is somewhat stock, mine is almost 30yrs my first gun and the only thing stock is the trigger and receiver housing.  If you drop below 950-1000 fps then they usually won't  cycle. I shoot subsonics that are slower than the CCI which is 1070 fps. They are below 1050fps. and still cycle. the also cycle just fine in my ar-22 designated upper.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems at all in mine even when new. Like was mentioned you absolutely could shoot a couple hundred higher velocity if you experience any failure to feed with factory mags (dont let an after market mag make you think it is the ammo) then go back to the CCI. There are also lighter weight springs out there but I really do not think you will have do do either. You should be fine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I've shot shit thunder bolts to mini mags to 50 year old "peters" ammo. No issues with any other then thunderbolts. But only because thunder bolts are pure garbage.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it wouldn't be called standard velocity if it didn't have a tendency to run most firearms.  Perhaps you are thinking of the conversation people have had concerning CCI Quiet.  That only runs about 750fps, and it may or may not cycle a semi-auto depending on modifications or how broken in and smooth your rifle and springs are.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it wouldn't be called standard velocity if it didn't have a tendency to run most firearms.  Perhaps you are thinking of the conversation people have had concerning CCI Quiet.  That only runs about 750fps, and it may or may not cycle a semi-auto depending on modifications or how broken in and smooth your rifle and springs are.
View Quote

That might be. I have never had a semi-auto 22, always bolt guns. Just wanting to make sure that everything is going to be kosher. Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've shot shit thunder bolts to mini mags to 50 year old "peters" ammo. No issues with any other then thunderbolts. But only because thunder bolts are pure garbage.
View Quote

Thunderbolts work great in my .22s
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:04:07 AM EDT
[#8]
My 10/22 didn't like the cheap WWB ammo and American Eagle ammo.  It would basically choke on it.  I like using CCI Mini Mags, Winchester HV ammo.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:49:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really!?!

Thunderbolts have never reliably functioned in any 22 I've ever shot. Always jam to the point the lead nose is deformed. Using other quality ammo it doesn't happen. Only with Thunderbolts.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#10]
thinking about picking one up also, are these picky with ammo?
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 1:06:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine cycles with a lot of sub-sonic ammo, even without the suppressor. Doing the extractor upgrade has made it 100% reliable too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top