Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 2:31:47 PM EDT
A friend of mine brought me a CZ BRNO Mod 4 .22 cal rimfire rifle that he (and I ) can't figure out how the bolt goes back in the receiver.
He bought this rifle about 10 yrs ago with the bolt removed. The previous owner said he couldn't figure out how to get it back in, so he decided to sell it the way it is now. He didn't say anything about disassembling the bolt but, I think it was and it wasn't put back together right.

It isn't assembled right or there is some kind of trick way to get it in. Here's what is happening.

When the bolt body/face is aligned with the flat part down, like it should be to be in the firing position, it will enter the receiver until the bolt handle hits the rear of the receiver.
Here's a few pics of the bolt and receiver.

" />

" />

Where the RED arrow is, is where the handle stops when it hits the receiver. The receiver has a large groove in the bottom and the handle has a corresponding locking lug that fits in it. When the lug slides into the groove it should go in farther to fit into the lug recess so when the handle is pushed down it will go into battery. It doesn't get that far. The bolt handle is machined as one piece with the lug on the bottom, so any way we turn the body it will still not go in any farther than where it hits the back of the receiver where the RED arrow is. I should mention that there is a slotted screw head at the rear of the bolt assembly but removing it does nothing.

I've looked everywhere for info on this rifle and cannot find anything other than someone firing the rifle. No disassembly instructions, owners manuals or videos. I've taken a good hard look at it and am very good with troubleshooting mechanical items but this thing is taxing my patience.

I'm not about to just start taking it apart without any knowledge because it may come apart easy doesn't mean it will go back together the same, and since I'm pretty sure it isn't assembled right to begin with who knows what will happen next.

I do most of my own gunsmithing work on mine and my friends guns which is why he brought this to me. I'm no expert by any means but can usually figure things out. This I can't and am asking for any help you guys can give. Please help if you can.
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top