Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 7:06:42 PM EDT
he said Sports South site said oos  

He said he will call monday and see if or when they will have some.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Whittakers may still have some in stock. That's where I got mine. Whittakers
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
What's the RAR Predator? I've only seen the American centerfire predator model and I don't see a rimfire version on Ruger's site.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:19:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the RAR Predator? I've only seen the American centerfire predator model and I don't see a rimfire version on Ruger's site.
View Quote

It's not really a predator, and it was never listed on the Ruger website, as many distributor specials are not.  It is/was a distributor special with a green stock, a slightly thicker threaded barrel, and the bolt knob is a little larger.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:54:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It's not really a predator, and it was never listed on the Ruger website, as many distributor specials are not.  It is/was a distributor special with a green stock, a slightly thicker threaded barrel, and the bolt knob is a little larger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like the model 8334 Sports South distributor special, which I'm guessing is what the OP is wanting.  Standard size, 18" threaded barrel, no sights, green stock.  The larger bolt-knob is a nice touch.  
I'll take one in black, please.    

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:05:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That sounds like the model 8334 Sports South distributor special, which I'm guessing is what the OP is wanting.  Standard size, 18" threaded barrel, no sights, green stock.  The larger bolt-knob is a nice touch.  

http://ruger.com/products/americanRimfireDE/images/8334.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ruger.com/products/americanRimfireDE/images/8334.jpg

They either need to make the whole thing black, or the whole thing green. The black cheek piece and green stock looks terrible. Might as well get a Savage FVSR for cheaper and it looks MUCH better.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]
How is the accuracy on the RAR? I want to get something that is accurate and being able to take advantage of all my 10/22 mags would be a major plus.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How is the accuracy on the RAR? I want to get something that is accurate and being able to take advantage of all my 10/22 mags would be a major plus.
View Quote

I've only had mine out once to site it in so far.  Sited in at 25 yards.  Once I had the scope where I wanted it, I had 4 shots left in the mag and that 4 shot group was smaller than a dime.  After that mag I put my suppressor on and didn't shoot for groups again that day.  I've not heard anything negative about their accuracy, and you're right about the mags being a plus!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I had planned to buy a a Savage FVS until I saw that Ruger was coming out with the RAR. The mag compatibility with the 10/22 was a major plus for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top