Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 9:10:18 PM EDT
I've been looking for one of these for quite a while now and finally found one in stock today. I've got to say that my first impression is that I love the thing.

Its the prefect size for a .22 bolt gun, IMO. Very solid feeling yet light enough to pack around in the woods all day. The profile of the free floated barrel is a great compromise between a standard lightweight and a target barrel.

The fit and finish are very nice and far better than the newer 10/22s I've seen lately. The adjustable trigger is quite excellent. Very light and crisp with no take up at all. It's adjustable but came set perfectly from the factory.

The main reason I got this gun is to use with a suppressor. The ultra lightweight Silencerco Warlock II doesn't change the balance at all and the extra 3oz is an imperceptible addition to the weight of the rifle.

With Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4x scope.

I've only fired one mag of CCI Quiet through it with the suppressor and iron sights. I was able to drill an empty 1lb propane cylinder with every shot offhand at 30 yards without adjusting the sights at all.

Mine is the Banger distributor exclusive which comes with a 25 round magazine. Considering the features of the RAR compact threaded, I think it's a bargain at $275.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Great gun. You'll love it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
been looking for one all week , LGS had (1) @ warehouse,I am going to give one a try..
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Mine's in .17hmr, and I love it. The bolt could be a little smoother, but what the hell...
I bought a Boyd's "pro varminter " (tacticool) stock for it but to be honest, I think I like the factory stock better. And that's sayin' somethin', because I have a general dislike for factory synthetics with their noodly forends.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This. Mine's in .17hmr, and I love it. The bolt could be a little smoother, but what the hell...
I bought a Boyd's "pro varminter " (tacticool) stock for it but to be honest, I think I like the factory stock better. And that's sayin' somethin', because I have a general dislike for factory synthetics with their noodly forends.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really like the stock as well. Stiff enough without being heavy or bulky, feels great in the hand and the interchangeable combs/LOP are brilliant simplicity.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm planning on that exact setup soon.

How do you like the pro staff 4x? Think it would be good enough to pop a squirrel at 50 yards?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How do you like the pro staff 4x? Think it would be good enough to pop a squirrel at 50 yards?
View Quote

I've been dropping crows and starlings at 50+ with no problem.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going back and forth about getting the 4x or a PA micro for my 10/22 and ended up with the red dot. The 10/22 isn't all that accurate anyways so I figured I'd make a fun blaster out of it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was going back and forth about getting the 4x or a PA micro for my 10/22 and ended up with the red dot. The 10/22 isn't all that accurate anyways so I figured I'd make a fun blaster out of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been using a made in Japan Tasco red dot on my 10/22 for well over a decade. I plan to replace it soon with Nodak Spud irons cowitnessed with a PA micro pretty soon.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:21:19 PM EDT
[#9]

I really need to go ahead and get a suppressor....

Oh man Nodak has a FSB that will fit my barrel, my wife is gonna be pissed.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#10]
This will be my next gun here shortly. I may need to buy a suppressor so the threaded barrel doesnt feel left out
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I have one in 22mag, my dad has one in 17hmr. Great little guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top