Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 9:07:01 PM EDT
Title says it all.  I have search a little on the net and Ruger's website.  I want to make a 10-22 SBR and use the FS as a thread protector when I don't have my can on it.  Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Look here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ruger-AC-556-Muzzle-Brake-/121577845098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4e9ab16a
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Be careful,  Mini-14's and AC-556's use a non-standard 9/16"x24 thread pitch. You'll need to look for one that's been taken off a 10/22.

-bob
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Call Ruger.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Call Ruger.
View Quote

I should have thought of that.  I had to call Magpul last week to a nut for a BUIS.  Local hardware store did not have one that would fit, and they had a lot of nuts.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I should have thought of that.  I had to call Magpul last week to a nut for a BUIS.  Local hardware store did not have one that would fit, and they had a lot of nuts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Call Ruger.

I had to recently while searching for a base for a 96/22.  Lady on the phone was very pleasant, helpful, and ended up sending me one for free.  

Googling turned up nothing for me on the flash-hider, so it might have to come from them.  Or you could just use an AR-style or similar, although those may have a thicker diameter than Ruger's?  Good luck with your search.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:25:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Title says it all.  I have search a little on the net and Ruger's website.  I want to make a 10-22 SBR and use the FS as a thread protector when I don't have my can on it.  Thanks for any help.
View Quote

If you're cutting the bbl below 16" / stock length, why not thread it 1/2 - 28 and use an AR hider of your choice?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:26:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call Ruger.

Last one i replaced was metric.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you're cutting the bbl below 16" / stock length, why not thread it 1/2 - 28 and use an AR hider of your choice?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just want the Ruger FS for a Ruger rifle.  I know, it is a little anal, but if I can obtain one with a little effort, then it will be worth it, to me.  YMMV
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The 10-22 takedown has a model with an aluminum A2 flash hider, imp retty sure it is threaded at 1/2x28
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:46:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call Ruger.

if you strike out with ruger you can have mine.  just shoot me a pm.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Call Ruger.

Thanks man.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a stainless FS from Ruger today.  It was $22.  Possibly a little spendy, but it is what I wanted.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top