Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 6:57:18 PM EDT
Did a search here, but came up with nothing.

Ruger 10/22's and Drum Mags?

I've seen customer feedback on various major retailer sites.  No one seems to like any of the 3 versions out on the market.  Jam, won't latch into the mag well after a few times, etc.

Are they all really that bad?  Anything work at all?  Any first hand use comments?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Did a search here, but came up with nothing.

Ruger 10/22's and Drum Mags?

I've seen customer feedback on various major retailer sites.  No one seems to like any of the 3 versions out on the market.  Jam, won't latch into the mag well after a few times, etc.

Are they all really that bad?  Anything work at all?  Any first hand use comments?
View Quote

I have not used a drum mag for my 10/22, however I have seen a lot of problems with them. I stick with the BX1 and BX25 mags Ruger factory mags. I do have a Butler creek 25 round mag that works well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a black dog machine drum for my 10/22 and my ar15 and have not had any problems
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i have a black dog machine drum for my 10/22 and my ar15 and have not had any problems
View Quote

This...

MAHA
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This...

MAHA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This...

MAHA

In triplicate. Mine have the removable tower. Allows use on the 10/22 and my AR. Takes a few minutes for the change over, but worth it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I looked into the Black Dog, but online reviews at the retailers shows as many people think it's ok as those who absolutely hate it.  Not locking in after being used a few times, habitual jamming, etc.

Are there some tricks I should know/apply if I get one?

Use only certain brands of ammo?
Do some sort of trimming on the feedlips to keep it running?
etc.

Your good experiences, did you have to do anything beyond just fill it and lock it in place?

(I'll be using it EXCLUSIVELY for the 10-22)
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I looked into the Black Dog, but online reviews at the retailers shows as many people think it's ok as those who absolutely hate it.  Not locking in after being used a few times, habitual jamming, etc.

Are there some tricks I should know/apply if I get one?

Use only certain brands of ammo?
Do some sort of trimming on the feedlips to keep it running?
etc.

Your good experiences, did you have to do anything beyond just fill it and lock it in place?

(I'll be using it EXCLUSIVELY for the 10-22)
View Quote

Mine is Plug n Play. having used BDM mags since their 1st gen 22 ar mag. I can say their customer service is top notch . If there is an issue they make it right.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top