Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 4:07:01 PM EDT
I had a co-worker who owed me some cash and he didn't have it, so instead of cash, he gave me a large gift card that I was able to use at my LGS. Last week I went to Shooters and picked up a new Charger. I brought it home and began to take it apart. I immediately sent the bolt off to Que and sent trigger off to Brimstone. I then put up the stock barrel up on the EE (which sold in less than 24hrs) and bought a 6 inch Kidd barrel.

I had to "modify" the stock to allow it to free float and it was just a tad too long. I broke out the power tools, chisel, and a rasp to begin work. Here is the end result. I'm just waiting for an optic, bolt, and trigger.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Sweet.  That should be a great shooter.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I'm really excited to take it out to the range. I just need an optic and for que and brimstone to return my trigger and bolt.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks! I'm really excited to take it out to the range. I just need an optic and for que and brimstone to return my trigger and bolt.
View Quote

That does look like a fun setup.

What kind of optic are going for?  Something magnified or red dot?
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:18:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not sure...I already sent off my eform 1 for it...once I take it out to see how far I can realistically be on target, that'll make up my mind.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:38:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a fun little pistol! Good job on the stock modification...can't hardly tell it was altered!
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Bad news...I went to take off the can and it stopped 1/3 of the way...I mean REALLY stuck. I took off the barrel and sent it off to silencerco to take it off and fix the rear cap...once I get that back, I'll send the barrel back to Kidd to fix the threads if they are messed up...damn it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:56:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bad news...I went to take off the can and it stopped 1/3 of the way...I mean REALLY stuck. I took off the barrel and sent it off to silencerco to take it off and fix the rear cap...once I get that back, I'll send the barrel back to Kidd to fix the threads if they are messed up...damn it.
View Quote

Wonder if the barrel thread extended past the threads of the can?  Lead build up?  If that were the case though, it doesn't seem like you would have been able to get it a third of the way off.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#8]
The barrel's thread length is actually cut .400-ish. I guess it's new since KC over at SiCo said that they weren't. I measured it prior to screwing on the can. He was surprised as well when I told him. It's all good, the package is on its way to them today and hopefully I get to shoot it sometime next week.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Pretty cool!

Be sure you don't re-design it by putting it to your shoulder somehow.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well...just wanted to update the thread on my issue. Just got off the phone with K.C. From SilencerCo and it looks like the threads on both the barrel and rear cap are totally trashed. He called to see what I wanted to do with the barrel and I asked if they were able rethread it with the o-ring engagement. Needless to say, he's going to take care of me and it truly is going above and beyond to what was expected...it was my fault and the barrel is not a SilencerCo barrel...

SSSSSOOOOOOO if anyone is on the fence about purchasing either a SilencerCo can or a competitors can...just know that SiCo really does have THE BEST CS on the market and their products are what sets the bar in this market.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well...just wanted to update the thread on my issue. Just got off the phone with K.C. From SilencerCo and it looks like the threads on both the barrel and rear cap are totally trashed. He called to see what I wanted to do with the barrel and I asked if they were able rethread it with the o-ring engagement. Needless to say, he's going to take care of me and it truly is going above and beyond to what was expected...it was my fault and the barrel is not a SilencerCo barrel...

SSSSSOOOOOOO if anyone is on the fence about purchasing either a SilencerCo can or a competitors can...just know that SiCo really does have THE BEST CS on the market and their products are what sets the bar in this market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100% true.  

I sent my original Warlock (many, many K rounds through it) in to have it upgraded to the Warlock II.  They messed the tube up when disassembling it.  

I ended up with a 45 Osprey out of the deal.  

That is customer service done way better than just "right".

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top