Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2015 6:19:54 PM EDT
Can anyone point me to a source for this stock? I found one place online that carries them, but they are backordered.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Boyds direct, Midway USA (In unfinished laminate), and finally DIP. All out of stock at this time and sadly the only places to really find them. Boyds directly had a wait time last I checked. DIP claims they received tracking info for their latest order last week and they should be in hopefully this week.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Boyds direct, Midway USA (In unfinished laminate), and finally DIP. All out of stock at this time and sadly the only places to really find them. Boyds directly had a wait time last I checked. DIP claims they received tracking info for their latest order last week and they should be in hopefully this week.
View Quote

Thanks Mike, I guess Ill have to keep and eye out.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't buy a Tacticool.  I'm very unhappy with Boyds. Thier customer service sucks.  I purchased a Boyds Tactocool for my savage from midway.  I also purchased all of the metal and action screws. The only parts the were on back order for over 1 year was two screws.  I called Boyds and they told me the two Screws where $4. No problem until they told me $25 shipping for 2 screws. I told them to pound sand. I can't believe they wouldn't help me.  I don't  mind paying for the screws but $25 for shipping?!!  

I called/emailed DIP but they never got back to me.

Any chance anyone knows knows the dementions for the mag plate screw and the screw on the metal trigger gaurd?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a heads up fellas. DIP is back in stock as of 10 mins ago. I just placed my order for the stock and bottom kit and its already confirmed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered direct from Boyds. Their customer service took about 3 days before they got back to me, but I had my Pro Varmint, correct trigger guard and floor plate delivered to me in about a week.

For what it's worth, I'd buy from them again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I went ahead and ordered from DIP along with the bottom metal set. Hopefully their service is just as good.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I've done business with DIP on multiple occasions. Their customer service is top notch just like their products.

Quoted:
I went ahead and ordered from DIP along with the bottom metal set. Hopefully their service is just as good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Neither one did jack for me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:27:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can anyone point me to a source for this stock? I found one place online that carries them, but they are backordered.

Thanks!
View Quote

Boyds changed the name from Tacticool to Pro Varmit.  Here's a link to it on their website..

-bob
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Neither one did jack for me.
View Quote

To be 100% honest, I didn't really look into any alternatives to the Boyd's. Did you have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]
2 days later the order from DIP is here. Installed the stock and bottom metal today. It's VERY comfortable. Definitely heavier, but sturdier than the factory garbage. It also shoulders much better.

Debating about picking up some pvc to do the mod now.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Sonofabitch! I ordered before you and didn't get mine. :) Do you feel like the stock flexes? I was really hoping I didnt have to do the pillar mod.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:16:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sonofabitch! I ordered before you and didn't get mine. :) Do you feel like the stock flexes? I was really hoping I didnt have to do the pillar mod.

View Quote

DIP is in Idaho and I'm in WA state. Not too far.

I don't think it flexes tbh. I tightened the bolts to 15 in/lbs and feel they are tight enough. No flex and I can fit a dollar bill between the stock and barrel fairly easily. I'm going to take it to the range before mKing any decisions on the mod.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:06:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Great! Thanks a bunch for your thoughts.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Customer Service Update:  I recontacted DIP. They got me everything I needed at extremely reasonable  and shipped same day. If you buy the Boyds stock bhy it from DIP
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 8:06:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Is 15lbs the correct torque for the action screws?  If not. What's best.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Is 15lbs the correct torque for the action screws?  If not. What's best.
View Quote
That is the factory specs. My BTVL does fine at 15-16 in/lbs. Some rifles like a different torque setting but 15 is a good starting point.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top