Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 5:14:26 PM EDT

Kingston Armory, of Liberty, NY, makes rifles based on the 10/22 action that resemble the M1 Garand and (new for 2015) M14 rifles; indeed, calling them “visually modified 10/22s” is stretching the truth; Kingston Armory makes their receivers in-house from 4140 steel, which helps lend a very correct-feeling heft to the rifles.

From behind, the Kingston Armory rifles really do look convincing; the sights are National Match Garand and M14 sights and are as excellent as the originals, which really takes these guns out of “visual clone” territory and makes them trainers in their own right. In fact, the guns feature many new-production Garand and M14 parts, including stock fittings, gas blocks, sling swivels, etc.
- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/01/20/kingston-armory-m1-garand-m14-1022-rifles/#sthash.fZmP6w5u.dpuf
View Quote

Source

Looks pretty sweet! A bit too pricy for my taste ($700), but certainly would be a good companion for an M1/M1A but cheaper to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#1]
If one shoots service rifle matches these would be good for training.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:10:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool, although too pricey at $700 IMO. Costs as much a real Garand from the CMP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool concept, but for $700 I think I would prefer something more than a Ruger mag glued to the bottom of the "magazine" portion of a trigger housing. And it is hard to tell from the pictures, but the rear sight almost looks like a hunk of plastic attached to the receiver. Would have been nice to see it machined as part of the receiver, since they are claiming to make them in house.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like the concept.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really like the concept.
View Quote

Not sure on that price though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top