Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2015 3:41:03 PM EDT
I picked this up lightly used Buckmark Sporter today for $400.00 OTD. I just love the look and feel of this .22. It has walnut furniture and a 18" barrel. Very stylish IMHO.

It has a very nice trigger and I did not even have to throw money at it.

It had a 3-MOA Korean S.P.O.T. Aimpoint clone on it in a QD mount and they are bringing better than $125.00 used these days. It's a very tough RD. I'll likely use the RD on something else and scope it by and by.

I'll be on the look-out for a extra barrel to have threaded. This model was discontinued so it will have some collector value on down the road so I don't want to mess with the barrel that's on it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Great guns, I regret selling mine
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
As a long time Browning fanboy and owner of two Buckmarks, the Buckmark rifle is on my short list.  $400 is a steal.  One of my LGS just got one in and they're asking $650.  Congrats and enjoy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:55:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I pulled the RD off and used a old Simmons 4 X 28 compact scope I found some years ago. I never had anything it really fit but it fits the BBR just perfect using a set of split Leupold rings. Nice and clear to the edges for a compact too.

I finally figured out why I like the gun so much when I saw it.....It sorta has that Man From U.N.C.L.E. gun vibe about it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I pulled the RD off and used a old Simmons 4 X 28 compact scope I found some years ago. I never had anything it really fit but it fits the BBR just perfect using a set of split Leupold rings. Nice and clear to the edges for a compact too.

I finally figured out why I like the gun so much when I saw it.....It sorta has that Man From U.N.C.L.E. gun vibe about it.

http://oi57.tinypic.com/2n9atja.jpg
View Quote
When I first saw it, that was my exact thought ! Even more with a suppressor at the end of it.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Still catelogued
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Still catelogued
View Quote

I read over on Rimfire Central that they are making them again and a few have showed-up in shops but they were discontinued for several years.

I guess that is why there are barrels becoming available again next month.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I have been wanting one of those.
Nice find.
Always wanted to see pics of your gun room, seems like your finding at least two nice gems every month.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have been wanting one of those.
Nice find.
Always wanted to see pics of your gun room, seems like your finding at least two nice gems every month.
View Quote

more like every week, he post lots of awesomeness in the c and r forum at amazing prices also
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Nice catch.  I have a Buckmark pistol and would love to have the carbine to go with it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nice catch.  I have a Buckmark pistol and would love to have the carbine to go with it.
View Quote

You can get new ones for around $600.00 or so depending on shipping/transfer costs..

Sadly there's not much in the Browning line that's inexpensive. Even their lower-end Buckmark camper pistol is around $350.00.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I read over on Rimfire Central that they are making them again and a few have showed-up in shops but they were discontinued for several years.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still catelogued

They were listed in the 2014 catalogue.  Who's making barrels?  Aftermarket?  Nothing in the Browning catalogue in the barrels section. Just shotgun barrels as usual.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They were listed in the 2014 catalogue.  Who's making barrels?  Aftermarket?  Nothing in the Browning catalogue in the barrels section. Just shotgun barrels as usual.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still catelogued

They are showing up on a couple different sites but with no picture. Says they will be available next month. The description does not say much other than 18" sporter barrel.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#15]

I am seeing a bunch on gunbroker for right around $600
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I would love ANY version of this gun.  I just can't find one for a price I'm willing to pay.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:58:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Last week I contacted Tactical Solutions,the last known outfit that made aftermarket barrels for the Buckmark rifle, and here's their reply.

XX,

We made one run of barrels for the Buck Mark rifle several years ago and do not have any current plans to make another.   I will bring this up to our new products team.  

Thanks,

Keith Feeley
Tactical Solutions
2772 S Victory View Way
Boise, ID 83709

[email protected]      

Phone: (866) 333-9901 Fax: (208) 333-9909
View Quote

I replied with this message...

Keith,

Thanks for the reply & info. There was some folks on gun boards claiming you folks were going to release some very soon.  I'll pass this info on to those sites.

But I think Tac Sol would be able to sell at least another run of these (fluted and threaded) and you'd probably sell all you make. This topic comes up regularly for those that have a Buckmark rifle. You folks would have a lock on that product offering since there's no one else is making one.

Right now I use a couple of your 10/22 barrels so I like your products.   I would definitely buy a Buckmark rifle barrel.  :)

Regards,
View Quote

If any of you have Buckmark rifles I'd encourage you to contact Tac Sol and encourage them to make another run of barrels, hopefully threaded and fluted IMO.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Last week I contacted Tactical Solutions,the last known outfit that made aftermarket barrels for the Buckmark rifle, and here's their reply.

If any of you have Buckmark rifles I'd encourage you to contact Tac Sol and encourage them to make another run of barrels, hopefully threaded and fluted IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

XX,

We made one run of barrels for the Buck Mark rifle several years ago and do not have any current plans to make another.   I will bring this up to our new products team.  

Thanks,

Keith Feeley
Tactical Solutions
2772 S Victory View Way
Boise, ID 83709

[email protected]      

Keith,

Thanks for the reply & info. There was some folks on gun boards claiming you folks were going to release some very soon.  I'll pass this info on to those sites.

But I think Tac Sol would be able to sell at least another run of these (fluted and threaded) and you'd probably sell all you make. This topic comes up regularly for those that have a Buckmark rifle. You folks would have a lock on that product offering since there's no one else is making one.

Right now I use a couple of your 10/22 barrels so I like your products.   I would definitely buy a Buckmark rifle barrel.  :)

Regards,

That's nice but evidently Midway can get a sporter barrel but it's special order.  

Here you go.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/560621/browning-barrel-browning-buck-mark-rifle-sporter

Myself I'd prefer a factory sporter barrel. The barrel has to fit the forend to be of any use to me and it's plenty light enough as it is.

I figure cut it to 16.25" and there will be plenty of steel there for a thread job.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Never mind

Quoted:

That's nice but evidently Midway can get a sporter barrel but it's special order.  

Here you go.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/560621/browning-barrel-browning-buck-mark-rifle-sporter

Myself I'd prefer a factory sporter barrel. The barrel has to fit the forend to be of any use to me and it's plenty light enough as it is.

I figure cut it to 16.25" and there will be plenty of steel there for a thread job.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

XX,

Thanks,

Keith Feeley
Tactical Solutions
2772 S Victory View Way
Boise, ID 83709

[email protected]      

Keith,

Regards,

Here you go.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#20]

I got my barrel back today. My Smith did a fine job. I put it back together and found with my moderator it's only .50" longer than my RAR carbine without my moderator on it. I hope to shoot it tomorrow.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I can shoot gnat nads at 500 yards with this thing  

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 3:09:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I can shoot gnat nads at 500 yards with this thing  

View Quote

You need a longer scope.

Link Posted: 2/10/2015 5:18:59 PM EDT
[#23]

I am thinking a nice sunshade would make it just right.

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/1672tqu.jpg

I got my barrel back today. My Smith did a fine job. I put it back together and found with my moderator it's only .50" longer than my RAR carbine without my moderator on it. I hope to shoot it tomorrow.

View Quote

Looks great but... Have him cut off some more barrel next time.  

(NOT mine - wish it was though.)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top