Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 10:37:18 PM EDT
I an looking for a Remington 541 custom sporter clip any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
5 or 10 round mags?
Remington nylon 77 magazine works in the 541 just fine.
Remington County has the 5 round mags every now and then for $22 just keep checking.
other option is fleabay about $40 is the going rate, for 5 rounders.
10 rounders are plentiful I have two, they did unload themselves untill I popped the metal top off and squeezed it in just a little, now they work fine.
I am thinking about taking a 10 rounds mag and cutting it down to a five round size and epoxy it back together just to see if it will hold and run the gun.
Do you have any mags at all?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Remingtomn-Nylon-77-541-581-10C-Magazine-5-Round-22LR-/191325442492#
he is oos. now

I've bought three from this guy before I found about the Remington Country sight but now Remington is out of stock.
Also Google greentech Remington 541. Mags there as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I am looking for the original clip that will take 22 longs and the 22 short. There is a difference in 541
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am looking for the original clip that will take 22 longs and the 22 short. There is a difference in 541
View Quote

My 541t with my 541 and nylon 77 mags will feed CCI CB longs. I have not tried shorts in them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:18:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Nylon 77 mags work fine but you are stuck with 10-rounders.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I've read of problems with the 10 round mags, the one I have doesn't feed worth a damn. My 5 round mags are fine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nylon 77 mags work fine but you are stuck with 10-rounders.
View Quote

Nope they make five rounders.see my link and take a look at the piks http://m.ebay.com/itm/Remington-Nylon-77-541-581-10C-Magazine-5-Round-22LR-/191325442492#

I have two 541-581 5 rounders and 8 nylon 77, 5 rounders.
they just hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've read of problems with the 10 round mags, the one I have doesn't feed worth a damn. My 5 round mags are fine.
View Quote

If your 10 round mags self eject the rounds, gently pop off the metal top and bend in each of the side arms just a bit.
reassemble and see if that fixes the problem. If they still do it rinse and repeat. If it does not self eject but will not feed bend them out just a little.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Great rifle, terrible magazine design. Should have produced a metal mag.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Outback Gun parts is in the process of making a metal 541 mag.The r&d is done and a small batch was made and some folks on Rimfire got to test.
The person who was to actually mfg. the mag ran into health problems and they are trying to get mfg going this year.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Outback Gun parts is in the process of making a metal 541 mag.The r&d is done and a small batch was made and some folks on Rimfire got to test.

The person who was to actually mfg. the mag ran into health problems and they are trying to get mfg going this year.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good to hear, figured the project was history.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:44:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A flush fit metal 5 round mag would be really welcome.  I have only one plastic 5 and two 10 round Nylon 77 mags.  I want something worthy of my 541S.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A flush fit metal 5 round mag would be really welcome.  I have only one plastic 5 and two 10 round Nylon 77 mags.  I want something worthy of my 541S.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed, I would buy.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, my 541S is the least shot of my nice .22 LR rimfire rifles (CZ 453 American, CZ455 Varmint, CZ 99 Precision, and a pair of Model 52Rs), primarily due to the magazines.

The 5 round magazines are less problematic than the 10 rounds magazines, but they are still not ideal and are still not a flush magazine.  

The 10 round magazines often have issues with one side or the other working loose, just enough to start puking out all the rounds.  The answer seems to be "glue" when this happens but long term I'm hoping for a nice aftermarket metal magazine for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top