Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2015 4:01:54 PM EDT
I'm thinking about buying one of the new Chargers to use with a cut down 10/22 stock. Anyone else try this?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#1]
lemme know where you can get a new charger
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I'm thinking about buying one of the new Chargers to use with a cut down 10/22 stock. Anyone else try this?
View Quote

Doesn't sound like a good idea.  Why not just use the pistol grip if you want that.  Or do a stamp and have a real stock
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

lemme know where you can get a new charger
View Quote
http://www.ruger.com/products/22Charger/models.html

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#4]
get one not look at one
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Doesn't sound like a good idea.  Why not just use the pistol grip if you want that.  Or do a stamp and have a real stock
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it would be compact, can be fired with a check weld and not cost an extra $200 and 10 months wait?

Mare's legs in .45-70 or whatever = not very practical.

A similar configuration in .22LR, however is surprisingly effective.

I fired one of the Henry lever actions recently and I was able to use it nearly as effectively as a rifle out to 100 yards or so. The absence of recoil lets one fire it two handed with a cheek weld without having to worry about shouldering it as one would with a more powerful round.

With a compact fixed power scope and suppressor, I think it would be an awesome backpacking/kayaking gun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I borrowed here pics from the Internet.

Something like this...

You can't fire a charger this way with just a pistol grip.

Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 7:56:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Because it would be compact, can be fired with a check weld and not cost an extra $200 and 10 months wait?

I fired one of the Henry lever actions recently and I was able to use it nearly as effectively as a rifle out to 100 yards or so. The absence of recoil lets one fire it two handed with a cheek weld without having to worry about shouldering it as one would with a more powerful round.

With a compact fixed power scope and suppressor, I think it would be an awesome backpacking/kayaking gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Form 1 is $200, but e file and you will have it in a month.  Paper forms are coming back quickly as well.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I
Quoted:

Form 1 is $200, but e file and you will have it in a month.  Paper forms are coming back quickly as well.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I heard, e forms had been down for months and I've NEVER heard of anyone getting approved that fast.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Last I heard, e forms had been down for months and I've NEVER heard of anyone getting approved that fast.
View Quote

I got mine back in 5 days. Check out the SBR forum, lots of stories.
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:15:10 AM EDT
[#11]
NM DT
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My last paper form 4 just came back Dec 30, and only took 4 mo and 23 days. E-file form 1's seem to be averaging 30-40 days.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
get one not look at one
View Quote

http://www.whittakerguns.com/new-arrivals
They also had a standard non take down this past Saturday.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why wait for a Ruger, build your own with the parts you want.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/charger_2.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/charger_11.JPG
View Quote

Sir...I just went from 6 to 12
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 10:27:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
get one not look at one
View Quote

Saw one today in Merrimack, NH (take down version).  They are making it out....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I did. I had a bunch of takeoff 10/22 parts laying around so I picked up an NDS22 receiver (awesome btw) and Kidd barrel. Slapped together this heap of parts into a fun little toy. Still need to do some profiling and finish work on the stock and going to coat the trigger group to match the receiver. Thinking about adding a mini rds but want to find one that's low profile.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:16:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That's what I did. I had a bunch of takeoff 10/22 parts laying around so I picked up an NDS22 receiver (awesome btw) and Kidd barrel. Slapped together this heap of parts into a fun little toy. Still need to do some profiling and finish work on the stock and going to coat the trigger group to match the receiver. Thinking about adding a mini rds but want to find one that's low profile.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/myinfernalbmw/Mobile%20Uploads/20150119_160529-1_zpsofkjdkco.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/myinfernalbmw/Mobile%20Uploads/20150119_160605_zpsoayh3ev_edit_1421706536360_zpsay4oupj0.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/myinfernalbmw/Mobile%20Uploads/20150119_160529-1_zpsofkjdkco.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y151/myinfernalbmw/Mobile%20Uploads/20150119_160605_zpsoayh3ev_edit_1421706536360_zpsay4oupj0.jpg

Reminds me of this.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Initially that wasn't my plan, but as soon as my buddy saw it he said it had a very piratey vibe. I'm not done with it though. It will not be inspired by any form of swachbucklery when I'm through.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#20]
I was able to see a new takedown for $347 OTD at my local LGS a couple of days ago...they are out there, just make sure your lgs deals with most of the distributors out there. If you're in Jacksonvill, Fl., Shooters is the place.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:13:34 AM EDT
[#21]
This thread makes me want to sell my take down and buy a normal charger.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why? Just buy the regular one too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:47:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^This guy sounds like he knows a thing or two about a thing or two. Really is the best option
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd like to have both, but don't have the funds. And have been dying to get involved in a new project, this one is perfect.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Just ordered my charger takedown from grabagun.

Looking for stock ideas.

Some in this thread look great!

I will probably SBR and cut down the barrel to 4" for my suppressor.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top