Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 11:21:01 PM EDT
http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-Trigger/?r=y Looks like regular factory ruger 10-22 triggers will get cheaper.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#1]
News release------->
http://www.ruger.com/news/2014-12-15.html

Advertisement--------->
http://ruger.com/micros/BX-Trigger/?r=y

"Ruger Announces the launch of the BX-Trigger for Ruger 10/22 and 22 Charger Pistol
December 15, 2014
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announces the launch of the BX-Trigger™: a light, crisp, "drop-in" replacement trigger assembly that is compatible with all Ruger® 10/22® rifles and 22 Charger™ pistols. The BX-Trigger is a Genuine Ruger Factory Accessory and is the perfect upgrade for all 10/22 rifles and 22 Charger pistol models because of the significantly reduced pull weight of approximately 2.75 pounds (versus 6 pounds on the standard 10/22 trigger).

"We have made continuous improvements to the 10/22 over the years, but the BX-Trigger is an exciting performance advancement," said Ruger President and COO, Chris Killoy. "The BX-Trigger was designed for easy installation, superior performance, and legendary Ruger reliability. Like the popular BX-25® magazine for the 10/22, the BX-Trigger will deliver the excellence and value that shooters have come to expect from Ruger."

The BX-Trigger is sold as a complete assembly that "drops in" to replace the existing trigger assembly, with no additional adjustment or "fitting" required. A video of the installation process can be found at Ruger.com/BX-Trigger

Beginning December 19, the Ruger BX-Trigger will be available for purchase directly from Ruger at ShopRuger.com or from local independent firearms retailers.

For more information on the Ruger BX-Trigger and other accessories for the Ruger 10/22, or to learn more about the extensive line of award-winning Ruger firearms, visit Ruger.com or Facebook.com/Ruger. To purchase accessories for the Ruger 10/22 or other Ruger firearms, visit ShopRuger.com.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:24:19 AM EDT
[#2]
$89.95 better be discounted heavily. Kidd starts at $105 or two for $180.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$89.95 better be discounted heavily. Kidd starts at $105 or two for $180.
View Quote

I would guess the street price around $65-70.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks like it's still plastic
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I bet it is just an improved hammer and springs, nothing to get excited over for $90 and they cant even say exactly what the pull weight is.

It should have been made with adjustable pull weight and have pre and post travel adjustments.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:06:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like you can't swap out the mag and bolt releases.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#7]
1. You definitely can swap out the mag and bolt releases. They say so in the video - all parts are interchangeable with all ages of 10/22s.

2. You can't compare the price of this to a VQ hammer kit or Kidd trigger job kit. This is a complete group. At a street price of $70, it's a little over 1/3 of the current $200 sale price of the Kidd full single-stage group. I am confident that it isn't as nice as the Kidd, but the gap of $130 is serious money. If you had an 80% receiver and needed a trigger group to complete your build, this might be a good solution. Takeoff OEM groups seem to go for $50 and more on fleabay, and then you have to buy the upgrade parts.

3. Some people buy high-end MBs and BMWs because they want refined aesthetics with their performance. Others buy WRXs because they want performance at a price. Same with the 10/22. Not everyone wants to spend the price of an entire 10/22 on the trigger group. Some guys with expensive tastes and fat wallets buy only Kidd. Others want better than OEM, but are on a smaller budget and don't believe that the aluminum trigger housing improves their groups on the target. I think there will be a good market for this product - if the product proves to be good.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Good points, and it's within my budget
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:15:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Nicely said, thank you!

Quoted:
1. You definitely can swap out the mag and bolt releases. They say so in the video - all parts are interchangeable with all ages of 10/22s.

2. You can't compare the price of this to a VQ hammer kit or Kidd trigger job kit. This is a complete group. At a street price of $70, it's a little over 1/3 of the current $200 sale price of the Kidd full single-stage group. I am confident that it isn't as nice as the Kidd, but the gap of $130 is serious money. If you had an 80% receiver and needed a trigger group to complete your build, this might be a good solution. Takeoff OEM groups seem to go for $50 and more on fleabay, and then you have to buy the upgrade parts.

3. Some people buy high-end MBs and BMWs because they want refined aesthetics with their performance. Others buy WRXs because they want performance at a price. Same with the 10/22. Not everyone wants to spend the price of an entire 10/22 on the trigger group. Some guys with expensive tastes and fat wallets buy only Kidd. Others want better than OEM, but are on a smaller budget and don't believe that the aluminum trigger housing improves their groups on the target. I think there will be a good market for this product - if the product proves to be good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:46:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kidd says this about the putting their trigger in a Ruger trigger housing,

"We do not recommend our trigger job kit for use in an aluminum guard.  Although we have had happy customers who say it has worked in their aluminum guards, but we can not guarantee this.  It is a hit or miss situation because the hole placements are not as consistent in the metal factory housings as compared to the polymer housings."

This debunks the "metal trigger housing is better" thinking.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct-answer!

I have purchased several Hornet trigger group assy's from fleabay for around $100, and they work just fine. Sold the OEM's for $40 each, and have a $60 part that works just as well as the high end parts on my target gun's.  

No need to buy overly expensive parts unless you just want to brag about how much money you spent.  
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll take Brimestone for $35, Alex.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:20:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

"We do not recommend our trigger job kit for use in an aluminum guard.  Although we have had happy customers who say it has worked in their aluminum guards, but we can not guarantee this.  It is a hit or miss situation because the hole placements are not as consistent in the metal factory housings as compared to the polymer housings."

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never heard of Brimstone but they have the same thinking on the poly trigger housing as Kidd,

"We often get statements from customers complaining about the new 'plastic' groups, but truth be told, these groups are vastly higher quality than the old aluminum ones. "

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
No need to buy overly expensive parts unless you just want to brag about how much money you spent.  
View Quote

Let's not go too far. The Kidd trigger group is not "overly expensive" for what it does. The quality of its fit and finish is not bling; the is integral to the quality of its functioning. It's just really expensive. So if you can't afford the very best, it's good that thanks to unregulated economic freedom we have so many good alternatives (Kidd trigger kit, VQ hammer, RT, PC, Brimstone, Swampfox, CPC, et al and now Ruger) at so many different price points.

I wish I had the equipment that Ruger uses to create that pull force and travel graph. I'd like to run a comparison test on a bunch of different trigger upgrades.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I am glad that Ruger has a factory ready to go alternative for the otherwise not so good stock trigger.  All of mine are metal and have been worked on by my friend to be around 2-2.5 pounds so I won't be in the market for this but I know many guys that will be.  These are going to sell very fast I bet.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Ruger is "out of stock". Must be a little more popular than they anticipated.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:21:34 AM EDT
[#17]
My old 10/22 has an aluminum trigger housing. I just cant give it up for plastic.
In addition I have an AMT Lightning 25/22, all stainless steel.

The AMT is a 10/22 clone and uses Ruger internal parts in a Stainless Steel trigger housing.
No way I would swap that out for plastic.

If some time in the future Ruger starts selling the internals for the BX trigger so I can make my triggers better  I will buy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll take Brimestone for $35, Alex.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#19]
My plastic housing triggers are stock and better in every way than my older metal ones.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://www.ruger.com/micros/BX-Trigger/?r=y Looks like regular factory ruger 10-22 triggers will get cheaper.
View Quote

Do people buy regular factory 10-22 triggers?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody get their new BX trigger group yet?
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anybody get their new BX trigger group yet?
View Quote

There are a few reviews over on RimfireCentral.

Some people are happy and got a 3lb trigger, others have over 4lb trigger still.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Bought one from a LGS a few weeks ago.  It has a 3 lb. trigger pull and was a direct drop in.  I am very satisfied with my purchase and with Ruger making this available.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I saw a bunch at my local gun emporium. The packaging is interesting in that it allows you to safely dry fire the triggers. I was pretty impressed. They are pretty good. Not as good as my Kidd two stage, but much better than the stock trigger Ruger has put in the 10/22 for the last 50 yrs.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:34:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Brimstone Gunsmithing (the foremost smith on 10/22 triggers) posted an analysis and review of the BX over on Rimfirecentral.com. He endorses it as a very good product.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Brimstone Gunsmithing (the foremost smith on 10/22 triggers) posted an analysis and review of the BX over on Rimfirecentral.com. He endorses it as a very good product.
View Quote

I can't seem to find this anywhere, any chance you know what forum it is in?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Here is the link to Brimstone's review: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=570750
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top