Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2014 9:56:00 PM EDT
Link

Saw this over on RFC but the activity over there is so slow so I thought we could spark up conversation here.

Looks great for a pistol build I'm wanting to start but the website appears to say that their current chassis only fits 'post 09' receivers. Which part of the pre 09 receivers do you think doesn't fit into this chassis?

Looks pretty cool and would allow for a lot of options without having to heavily modify the choate, tapco, butler creeks, etc.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:41:05 PM EDT
[#1]

That looks like it would make a great start for an SBR.

The site has a page listing the post-'09 differences, and holy crap they need to hire a proof-reader for it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:24:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if it only works with bull barrels??? looks pretty cool...now I need a 10/22 sbr for this...
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 5:27:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm... submitted an F1 to build an SBR 10/22 a couple weeks ago.  This may be just what the doctor ordered.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like it would make a great start for an SBR.

The site has a page listing the post-'09 differences, and holy crap they need to hire a proof-reader for it.

View Quote

Yea I read that and he doesn't specifically address what about the old/new receivers isn't compatible with his current chassis.

I was wondering because the whole charger sb15 thread got me interested and this looks like a great start to one of those builds.  I was going to use a tactical innovations or nodak receiver for it but I might have to reach out to them directly to see what they think about it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I think if they are going for that much Aluminum, and for the price they should have build a receiver out of it.

Either way it is always nice to see something new for guns out there.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link

Saw this over on RFC but the activity over there is so slow so I thought we could spark up conversation here.

Looks great for a pistol build I'm wanting to start but the website appears to say that their current chassis only fits 'post 09' receivers. Which part of the pre 09 receivers do you think doesn't fit into this chassis?

View Quote

Not sure, but their next run will be universal to fit all models.

Per my conversations with Dustin:

"The original design was for post 09 Ruger 10/22 receivers, however that has recently changed. The manufacturer is in production of a new revision that will to both pre and post 09 receivers. I have some feedback on people using these with Charger builds but not much in the way of aftermarket receivers. I would imagine that there is no issue with it but I cant say for certain.

There were a few chassis that did not have any inscription except for the manufactures logo. The post you probably saw on RFC was sold out almost immediately after he posted. The inscription was to designate that it was specifically for post 09 receivers but since that has changed they will no longer require the identifier language on the side. I have been told that next batch will only have the logo and nothing else.

Were down to the last handful of the post 09 builds and will be moving on to the universal model ..."
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Just ordered on of these this weekend. From this last run on, all will be the universal design.  Also there is a new lock ring for the buffer tube in work. This is to address tube rotation issues. This will be supplied with all future orders and to all previous purchased units.

My Charger will have some new clothes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top