Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2014 9:18:27 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the stock on the Umarex HK416 is commercial spec, milspec, or another proprietary spec?  

Thinking about picking one up, but not crazy about the rubber buttpad on the stock...would like to swap it out for another M4 type stock.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a PSA clearance one for 299. Should be here tomorrow.

I THINK it is commerical spec. I'll know tomorrow hopefully.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:07:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I went ahead and bought the 416  other day.

I tried my Milspec Magpul stock, and it was loose. The Walther's receiver extension mic'ed out to 1.136" (milspec is 1.148", commercial is 1.168"). Maybe with a couple of layers of electrical tape applied to the top of the tube, a milspec stock would probably fit well enough.

Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah my milspec is loose too but I dont have a commerical stock.

I like the 416 stock though. Great rifle for the money
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I should have bought one then.. damn
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I am also in the market for one of these.  Hoping PSA gets some more in.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Got mine for $369 local...they also had the MP5 for $349.

Another shop 5 miles down the road has the MP5 for $599.

I watched a couple of the YT video reviews that poo-pooed it as being inaccurate and unreliable. I put 800 rounds through it the other day with zero malfunctions...and some (most) of that ammo had been waterlogged from sitting out in the rain for a few days a couple of years ago in an open plastic container. I didn't have proper targets with me to zero, but it would consistently hit a 6" wide metal post at @ 150 yds offhand with the iron sites.

Link Posted: 12/3/2014 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]
The last thing this rifle is,.is inaccurate or finicky.

I've had both the mp 15-22 and this. This is twice the rifle the m&p is. Id much rather have an aluminum receiver than plastic
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top