Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2014 10:46:59 AM EDT
I've got a spectre 2 in jail and one of these would be a perfect upgrade for my 10/22 takedown.  Any ideas on where to find one?
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 6:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered one from Gunkings in Texas.  It seems the silver one is in stock.  We'll see....

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Just got tracking number.  Can't wait and will post pics if I can figure out how when it arrives.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 9:55:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Received mine a couple of days ago. It's nice and handy and much lighter than the factory barrel.

Haven't had a chance to go out and shoot it yet, but hopefully in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Received mine a couple of days ago. It's nice and handy and much lighter than the factory barrel.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/IMG_8993s_zpse07e7d88.jpg

Haven't had a chance to go out and shoot it yet, but hopefully in the next few weeks.
View Quote

Mine seems to like the barrel adjustment to be much tighter than the stock setup to eliminate wobble.  How about yours?  I wish I could get to the range
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Also can't figure out how to post pics from a tablet...sorry
Link Posted: 11/12/2014 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mine seems to like the barrel adjustment to be much tighter than the stock setup to eliminate wobble.  How about yours?  I wish I could get to the range
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/Engineer303/ammo_and_guns/IMG_8993s_zpse07e7d88.jpg

Just got a response from Tac Sol.  They said they size the barrel shanks to fit all the tolerances in the stock setup so it's normal to have to run it tighter.  Also said the shanks are indeed heat treated to prevent peening.  Now if only the ATF would hurry up!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a video that shows how to take the barrel apart? I plan on trying to sell the barrel once my sbx comes in and I don't want to mess anything up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is there a video that shows how to take the barrel apart? I plan on trying to sell the barrel once my sbx comes in and I don't want to mess anything up.
View Quote

There are directions in the package liner. It's very easy to get the takedown mechanism off the barrel.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:28:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I read in another thread on here there is some sort of detent and then 2 Allen screws. I guess ill wait for the barrel to show up on Friday.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I read in another thread on here there is some sort of detent and then 2 Allen screws. I guess ill wait for the barrel to show up on Friday.
View Quote

Here you go:

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:54:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice, thank you very much!
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#12]
How bad does the SBX barrel affect muzzle velocity?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How bad does the SBX barrel affect muzzle velocity?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Since this barrel is almost 13" it looks like the chart tells us that the sbx is pretty close to the perfect size, no? Am I reading it wrong?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Since this barrel is almost 13" it looks like the chart tells us that the sbx is pretty close to the perfect size, no? Am I reading it wrong?
View Quote

Sure sees that way to me.  That's why I got it!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Engineer how does your takedown fit in the bag?  I'm using an old pro point that's pretty low profile.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Engineer how does your takedown fit in the bag?  I'm using an old pro point that's pretty low profile.
View Quote

It fits very well in the stock bag with the stock opened. With the stock folded, it's just too thick and the rubber buttpad grips the bag material and doesn't allow the receiver portion of the rifle to come out (or go in) easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top