Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2014 9:02:31 PM EDT
I recently bought an M&P-15 22 and have been picking up ammo for it when I can find it.  I recently picked up some 40 gr CCI ammo but didn't realize it was standard velocity.  Anyone know if standard velocity functions ok in these guns?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
should cycle just fine
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It should function fine. My 15-22 eats everything I feed it. Mine only really gets fed cheap bulk ammo or hollow points for the critters
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It should function fine. My 15-22 eats everything I feed it. Mine only really gets fed cheap bulk ammo or hollow points for the critters
View Quote

Thanks, I was concerned about it being standard velocity vs high velocity.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine eats everything I throw at it from Gemtech subsonic to CCI blazer.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:22:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This right here....I have not found any .22LR that my 15-22 won't eat....that may change after my Spectre II comes in though...
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
This will not only cycle the rifle flawlessly but in mine, it produces some of the tightest groups of any ammo I've sent down the pipe.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Only ammo mine had an issue with was american federal eagle 40gr. had a few malfunctions. Other than that, any other ammo works and I have tried a bunch of different ammo's
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This will not only cycle the rifle flawlessly but in mine, it produces some of the tightest groups of any ammo I've sent down the pipe.
View Quote

This.
The first few bricks i put through mine were standard velocity CCI. It is wonderfully accurate shooting it.

Only ammo i regret trying to put through it was Remington Thunderbolts. And i just gave away my last brick of those to my neighbor.

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#9]
my 15-22 eats everything
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mine eats everything I throw at it from Gemtech subsonic to CCI blazer.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:41:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Winchester 333s & 555s  in the white boxes are full of failures to cycle issues.
They are troublesome in not only my 15-22 but in a Ruger 10-22 an AMT Lightning 25-22 and in my pistols, Ruger MKll,  Ruger SR22, S&W 21A.
Perhaps I got a bad lot of Winchester.
As to CCI Standard Velocity- GOOD stuff and all my guns run on it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I second this opinion! If you like the snap, crackle, and pop of rice crispies give Thunderbolts a try but you will most assuredly hate them!

Quoted:

This.
The first few bricks i put through mine were standard velocity CCI. It is wonderfully accurate shooting it.

Only ammo i regret trying to put through it was Remington Thunderbolts. And i just gave away my last brick of those to my neighbor.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top