Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2014 11:05:47 PM EDT
Took some of my kids shooting today, and my middle son too.

CZ 16" American threaded with a Redfield 2x7x32 scope, zero'd for CCI Velocitors at 75yds, shoots almost dead on at 50 with Aguila High Velocity 40 gr. Has a brake on it only so it will stand up in the safe. Not too loud actually.
CZ 452 Lux with a Nikon 4x scope.  This is my squirrel gun. Shoots CCI Blazer like match ammo. Wn Subsonic 40gr hp are 1/8" low at 50yds.
CZ 452 Trainer with a J&P peep blade.  Also shoots Blazer like match ammo, same POI as Wolf Match Target and Aguila Subsonic 40 gr.
CZ 452 Trainer with original tangent sight.  Shoots Blazer very well, and to the same POI as Aguila Subsonic 40gr and CCI Stnd velocity.

All will shoot one hole groups at 25m, and very, very tight groups at 50.  The two scoped rifles are zero'd for 75 yards.

My Browning URX, with mag safety removed, Heglis flip on spring, and light stoning of trigger group.  Will shoot CCI Standard Velocity into less than 1" from a rest at 20 yards.  When my boys go squirrel hunting, I back them up with this.

And my Dan Wesson 8" revolver.  Trigger job by me, gap set to .006".  Very picky on what ammo it likes, but it will shoot Win. 333/555 bulk stuff into those 3/4" paste on targets from a rest at 25 yards if I can do my part.  Usually I am good for about 1" at 25, but the gun is capable of way more.  I got a 1 1/2" group at 50 yds one time from a rest that clamps the bbl, so I know the gun works well. The rest wasn't mine, and I have not been able to repeat it off my front bag, but like I said, its not the guns fault.

I took my 15 year old with me to shoot.  He took his SS Ruger 10/22 with him, but spent most of the time with the Dan Wesson and the CZs.  He hasn't shot a one-holer yet, but is getting close at 25m.  We are ready for squirrels next weekend!

Post up some of your hunting buddies. (sorry for the poor iPotato pics, too lazy to drag the camera out)
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice collection of CZs you have there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I am drooling over the threaded 16in
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#3]
How is your cheek weld on the Lux & Nikon scope?
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not too bad.  The hogbacks on the CZs have a decent rise in the middle, and as long as you don't use too high of rings they are workable.  In fact, with my progressive bifocals, it works out well.  Your head is held straighter, like shooting a shotgun, rather than laying your head over on the stock.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:38:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not too bad.  The hogbacks on the CZs have a decent rise in the middle, and as long as you don't use too high of rings they are workable.  In fact, with my progressive bifocals, it works out well.  Your head is held straighter, like shooting a shotgun, rather than laying your head over on the stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, that's what I needed to know as I wear bifoculs too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top